Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are floyd fans looking to a cotto rematch to save the day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    Again, Oscar isnt cutting Floyd a check.

Floyd is cutting GBP a check.

You will have to make up your mind about what argument is. First its Showtime paying Floyd, now you got Oscar paying Floyd? Is Floyd getting a 64 mill guarantee? Of course not so which is it?
    If Oscar isn't paying Floyd, then why are Floyd's checks issued by GBP?

https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/...698689/photo/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sumthang bit me View Post
      After the first fight, they said a rematch wasn't necessary. "Floyd just dominated Cotto, there doesn't need to be a rematch". "Floyd won 9-3 if you're being generous to Cotto, 10-2 if you're being realistic. There doesn't need to be a rematch".

Why the sudden change of heart?
      I'm not going to lie. That is pretty much exactly what Floyd fans said after the bout, including me lol. HOWEVER, it was one of the most competitive 9-3 fights I have seen. Cotto made Floyd think about retiring, that's how tough a fight it was. With that being said, I only want May-Pac today tomorrow and until they both retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post

Can't argue with evidence. Interesting is the part were the deductions for the tickets and anti doping. I noticed in may be got many more to tickets. In September he only got 25k worth. That's was the Canelo fight of course. Seems like gbp kept more to sell off presumably to profit more. Those damn scalped tickets go for $$$$$.

All I will say about the finances is non of use know enough to the grimy dealings of boxing to comment too much. One thing I do know I'd that these promotors and networks will not out up these fight if they aren't making money. Mayweather is not getting 32 mil if showtime is losing their azz. I'm sure showtime got pretty good lawyers. They may lose some money here and there but back to back millions I surely doudt.

Someone show me Floyd's other check from 2014. I bet it don't say 32 million. And if it did showtime didn't lose there azz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post

Because Mayweather Promotions didnt have a license until very recently, the money still went through GBP. Companies cant do business with a boxing promoter that doesnt exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
            Can't argue with evidence. Interesting is the part were the deductions for the tickets and anti doping. I noticed in may be got many more to tickets. In September he only got 25k worth. That's was the Canelo fight of course. Seems like gbp kept more to sell off presumably to profit more. Those damn scalped tickets go for $$$$$.

All I will say about the finances is non of use know enough to the grimy dealings of boxing to comment too much. One thing I do know I'd that these promotors and networks will not out up these fight if they aren't making money. Mayweather is not getting 32 mil if showtime is losing their azz. I'm sure showtime got pretty good lawyers. They may lose some money here and there but back to back millions I surely doudt.

Someone show me Floyd's other check from 2014. I bet it don't say 32 million. And if it did showtime didn't lose there azz.

If you are on record with GBP pays Floyd his guarantee, explain to me how its Showtime losing money and not GBP. What are their expenses exactly?

We all know Floyd's 32 mill deal is with Showtime. Not GBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              If you are on record with GBP pays Floyd his guarantee, explain to me how its Showtime losing money and not GBP. What are their expenses exactly?

We all know Floyd's 32 mill deal is with Showtime. Not GBP.
              GBP gets a flat fee for promoting Floyd's fights. They get paid regardless.

At the end of the day, Showtime is the bank. They are the ones paying Floyd his guarantee. It works its way down the pipeline and due to legal/promotional reasons, it is Oscar who writes Floyd his checks.

It is showtime who pays Floyd's opponents and undercard. Not Floyd. That doesn't even make sense.

Comment

• Here is one of breakdowns of his deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...biggest-fights

As the promoter, Mayweather pays for the undercard boxers on the show.
                Typically, he litters his big pay-per-view shows with some boxers from his company, Mayweather Promotions, and Golden Boy Promotions, which he pays a flat fee to help run the promotion of the show.
                He gets all the live gate revenue, which ranges from $12-$15 million. His match against Alvarez set a record for live gate in Nevada with $20 million.

Comment

• I'm not sure i follow correctly but what im understanding is that

-the network (Showtime) pays the main promoter (GBP)
                  -main promoter then pays their co-promoter (Mayweather Promotions)
                  -Each promoter will pay their fighters (GBP - Canelo, Mayweather Promotions - Mayweather)
                  -each fighter will pay their team (manager, trainer, advisor, fees)

If im not understanding correctly, ignore these questions and enlighten me please.

could showtime be paying 32mil guarantee for mayweather promotions llc? meaning the mayweather promotions fighters in the undercards get paid from that 32mil?

those checks in the pictures show net of 32mil and 41.5mil so they look to be the amount that should go to mayweather. but its paid to mayweather promotions so my understanding is they will have to pay their other fighters who fought in that card. does mayweather get a different check from showtime directly?

Comment

Working...
                  X