Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner was 150lbs on fight night. Why cant he fight @ 140 again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a Broner fan but why should he move to 140 if he has no problem making 135? That weight of 150 is not a striped down weight. It includes boxing shoes, trunks, protector, and boxing gloves. That stuff weighs about three pounds so he really weighs about 147 on fight night. Lots of 140 pounders weigh 155 on fight night. There is nothing magical about 140 that make it so much better than 135. The strength of weight classes changes all the time. There will be good lightweights to challenge Broner and there are some good ones right now. Rios was a lightweight not long ago and most people thought he lost to April who is a tough lightweight Broner could fight. Other good fighters at lightweight will come along soon as they always do. Lightweight is a traditionally strong weight class and the quality of that division will pick up soon. Let Broner stay there if he wants to. He will probably move to 140 on his own soon anyway.

Comment

I like Broner but I wouldn't call myself a fan but me personally, I'd like to see him fight Burns of Vasquez before he moves to 140.

He most certainly will move to 140.

Comment

Here is what I don't understand, when did he ever say he wasn't moving up to 140? It's clear that he wants one more fight before moving up, obviously Burns since there is some history there.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?
          Its hilarious. Floyd obliterated these guys, Broner's best win was a gift decision against Ponce Deleon. At Broner's age Floyd would have walked PDL down and stopped him in 5. Broner was confused as hell by a simple straight left hand to the body.

Anyway, Broner should fight the winner of Burns Vasquez then move up. If not, just move up.

Comment

Are u really a boxing fan? You'd rather see Broner do what benefits him rather than see him face fighters who's on par with him and make much more entertaining and competitive fights?
            I'd rather he move to 140 right now, but you can't say Vazquez-Burns winner wouldn't have earned a shot against him, that's unfair to both.

Comment

I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?
              Good points. I think they are just trying to milk the 135 for all it has got because you just know some (now silent) scrub will call Broner for ducking him once he moves up, because they know moving down again is harder to do well and Broner won't do it. Isn't that right Mr. Burns?

Comment

He's ready for 140 and 147 now, they're just treading water until the moment is right financially.

Comment

How many times is the same threads going to get made by the same group of people?

Comment

It's not about me wanting to see him lose. I just want to see him in the ring with a competitive opponent win/lose/draw.
                    Exactly. I think the dislike comes when he beats guys who look like David, but ACTS like he just beat Goliath. That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                      Is not that He can't, the real question is: WHY WOULD HE? He's young and makes 130-135 easy which gives him weight advantage at fight night. Why would He give that up? By the time He hits 140 He will be a super star... and that you can take to the bank.
                      LOL he does not make 130-135 easily. He can't make that weight anymore, did you see the way he looked on weigh in? You can tell he worked real hard to get down to that weight, he's a 140 lb fighter easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X