Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is their so much hate between some members with this Pacquiao vs Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a healthy rivalry, I appreciate both dudes but to consider myself a fan of Pac would feel like I was betraying Marquez... P.S. Marquez won both fights

Comment

I hear ya bruv....

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        It's like 'Pac and Biggie : You can't like both men. You just can't.

I have them at 1-1.

Manny won the first bout, and Marquez won the second.

But those fights were so close you could have a case for it being 2-0 for Pacquiao, 2-0 for Marquez, or 2 draws.

I could watch those crazy fucks throw down with each other a thousand times and still want more.

Amen, pass the Bushmills.

P.S.
        I scored the first fight a point for Marquez (I'm crazy over counter punchers), the second fight a couple of points for Marquez, but like you say....could see it either way for both. Since a fighter losing a fight doesn't mean that much to me (big ****ing deal...just a good excuse for a rematch), I don't really give a **** what the judges said, and don't get why people are debating this so hotly. If it'd been a robbery, maybe, but as close as this fight was? Everybody should just SHUT THEIR ****ING MOUTHS AND PRAY THERE'S A TRILOGY.

Comment

I like Pacman but I think a great deal more of Marquez. The guy's overcome a great deal of adversity in the ring to come back and win, many times. Plus, I nearly get wood when I see beautiful counterpunching of that calibre.

Manny's great, but for the most part, he's a 1-trick pony. Hard, fast lead left, right hook, rinse repeat. Oh, he's skilled enough, certainly, and getting better all the time, but he isn't as fraction as skilled as Marquez, probably never will be. If he ever gets into the ring against someone who's got his number (someone he can't catch nearly every time with that lead left), it'll be interesting to see the stuff of which he's made.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
            I like Pacman but I think a great deal more of Marquez. The guy's overcome a great deal of adversity in the ring to come back and win, many times. Plus, I nearly get wood when I see beautiful counterpunching of that calibre.

Manny's great, but for the most part, he's a 1-trick pony. Hard, fast lead left, right hook, rinse repeat. Oh, he's skilled enough, certainly, and getting better all the time, but he isn't as fraction as skilled as Marquez, probably never will be. If he ever gets into the ring against someone who's got his number (someone he can't catch nearly every time with that lead left), it'll be interesting to see the stuff of which he's made.
            this is how arguements begin when a stupid comment from a marquez fan starts calling pac a one trick poney. did you see the delahoya fight. he boxed better than marquez ever has.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
              this is how arguements begin when a stupid comment from a marquez fan starts calling pac a one trick poney. did you see the delahoya fight. he boxed better than marquez ever has.
              Saw it, but just wasn't that impressed. Oscar was slow, drained, and looked like **** when he stepped into the ring. Manny's performance was great, no doubt, but I was far more impressed with his performances against Marquez.

By the way, ****head, I'm a Pacman fan too, just a bigger fan of Marquez, which has nothing to do with my comment. That's from watching every fight Manny's had over the years. And there's nothing wrong with his technique...if it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say. I just appreciate a highly skilled technician like Marquez more than a guy with a fast hard left hand, even though both can accomplish the same end result more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                I love both of these warriors, they are both great fighters. Stop the unnecessary hate, I seen alot of posters hating on these two and when they fought each other they showed that they were basically made for each other being each others equals.
                jmm isn't pac's equal, but he's a stylistic nightmare for pac

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                  Saw it, but just wasn't that impressed. Oscar was slow, drained, and looked like **** when he stepped into the ring. Manny's performance was great, no doubt, but I was far more impressed with his performances against Marquez.

By the way, ****head, I'm a Pacman fan too, just a bigger fan of Marquez, which has nothing to do with my comment. That's from watching every fight Manny's had over the years. And there's nothing wrong with his technique...if it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say. I just appreciate a highly skilled technician like Marquez more than a guy with a fast hard left hand, even though both can accomplish the same end result more often than not.
                  a 43 yr old calling someone ****head! real mature. pac has turened into a versatile fighter if you havent noticed douchbag.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
                    a 43 yr old calling someone ****head! real mature. pac has turened into a versatile fighter if you havent noticed douchbag.

Calling you ****head was merely stating the obvious, not name-calling.

By the way, you misspelled "douchebag". Wouldn't want you to look silly, making spelling mistakes when telling someone else they're stupid.

Comment

Dynamite won those two fights. But meh

Comment

Working...
                      X