Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best running shoe for roadwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best running shoe for roadwork?

ive heard brooks makes a incredible running shoe but what is the best one for roadwork as far as comfort and iendurance. im haing problems with my lower back and shins so what shoe should i get. im also flatfooted also help please.

best thing (i think) is to go to a shop that specifically sells running shoes, we have quite a lot in london, if they any good they should be able to video record the way u run (on a running machine in the shop) and see exactly how ur feet react to the ground and recommend shoes accordingly...hope this helps?

Comment

I think that you should check your correct posture: you should run on the front of your feet, but if are experiencing pains maybe using the whole feet could help.

Plus you should NEVER EVER run on concrete. Use grass for aerobic work, or tartan for anaerobic.

By following those advice all my problems disappeared.

Comment

anykind of rubber shoes will do, i use basketball shoes sometimes tennis shoes, sometimes running shoes.

Comment

Find a proper running store and they will help you with it.

I have severe over pronation and the best shoe for me is the Brooks Beast. But this will depend on how your foot hits the pavement.

Comment

i run in boots

Comment

I run in Asics, there running trainers... only cost around £50.

Comment

Like others have said a running store can help with specifics but Asics make a great shoe.

Comment

before hand with no problems running on concrete can produce join problem later on but my running coach has been running for years and he runs like a champ but old age has caught up with him regardless. i agree that asics would be the best choice for you. they have a huge assortment of styles to accommodate your needs like flatfootedness and having lower back pain from running. pro boxers run on concrete all the time but it just depends on the person. check out some asics and hopefully you get the results you need. also the shin splints are from lack of conditioning. with time they will go away. or a way to strengthen your shin muscle is to walk straight legged on your heals. youll start to feel your shin muscles burning. walk a certain distance then rest for a few seconds then walk the distance again. aside from that it will eventually go away as you continue running.
                  Last edited by g0tcha; 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                    I run in Asics, there running trainers... only cost around £50.
                    maywheater is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X