No announcement yet.

This is why GGG can't get big fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why GGG can't get big fights

Golden Boy Promotions and Main Events went thru hell to get fights made with Roc Nation. This shows Loeffler's attitude towards working hard and making sacrifices to get the big fights made. And this isn't just about the Ward fight. Look at the Eubank Jr fight. When Hearn came to him and told him Eubank Sr was being difficult and offered Brook, Loeffler took the fight instead of telling Hearn to continue negotiations or going elsewhere to make a fight. Loeffler didn't care about how it would look to the public. As long as it was easy to make. He even brags about how easy the fight was to make with Brook. The guy just doesn't have what it takes to be an effective promoter. At the first sign of trouble he takes the path of least resistance. I believe GGG would fight anybody they put in front of him. He just wants to fight.

What a dumb ****ing premise to a thread.

Comment

Fights are hard to make because the other guy doesn't want it in the first place. Why waste time on those stupid cases? Why is Loeffler the only one expected to make an effort?

And why is money the only factor nowadays? Why is it that the opportunity or chance of beating a top guy no longer have any value?

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
        What a dumb ****ing premise to a thread.
        I'm about to help you out so you'll never have to read another one of my threads again

Comment

I genuinely think GGG's hype and hardcore following overshadows his general casual awareness. That he hits ****ing hard as well, if he was British or American he'd be the next Tyson regardless of opposition. Then everybody would be getting paid well to fight him. You know he'd get Jacobs, Eubank and BJS by now otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            Fights are hard to make because the other guy doesn't want it in the first place. Why waste time on those stupid cases? Why is Loeffler the only one expected to make an effort?

And why is money the only factor nowadays? Why is it that the opportunity or chance of beating a top guy no longer have any value?
            He's not the only one expected. He's saying they didn't want to go thru tough negotiations in order to get the fight made. Golden Boy did it. Main Events did it. Why can't Loeffler do it? We got Kovalev vs. Ward and Cotto vs. Canelo.

Comment

"You pay me huge money and I'll fight you. Otherwise, I'm not stepping in the ring because I'm going to lose." That seems to be the prevailing motto of fighters nowadays. As oppose to, "Make the fight happen and I'll kick your ass."

These ducks need to change careers.

Comment

the eubank fight collapsed during negotiations between the eubanks and hearn. it had nothing to do with K2

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Golden Boy Promotions and Main Events went thru hell to get fights made with Roc Nation. This shows Loeffler's attitude towards working hard and making sacrifices to get the big fights made. And this isn't just about the Ward fight. Look at the Eubank Jr fight. When Hearn came to him and told him Eubank Sr was being difficult and offered Brook, Loeffler took the fight instead of telling Hearn to continue negotiations or going elsewhere to make a fight. Loeffler didn't care about how it would look to the public. As long as it was easy to make. He even brags about how easy the fight was to make with Brook. The guy just doesn't have what it takes to be an effective promoter. At the first sign of trouble he takes the path of least resistance. I believe GGG would fight anybody they put in front of him. He just wants to fight.

Listen scumbag.

GGG is from Karaganda, Kazakhztan.

Persuing big fights, he has gone to Germany, to Monaco, to the USA (West coast and east coast), and now London.

The only "demand" he is making is: The weight is 160, I'm only moving up or down for a big money fight.

He's not chosing the arena, the refs, the gloves, the ring size, A-side money (85-15 or anything), etc.

There are ZERO diva demands.

The problem with getting fights for GGG is that he is too good for some people to man up and fight him. Stop trying to twist the facts.

Tell Jacobs, BJS, Canelo, to cut the BS and fight him. The man wants to unify since 5 years ago and it's nearly impossible with these *******.

When he tried to fight Barker in the UK he wanted no purse, just a few seats in the arena. They said no.

You need to forget that you're black and that the man is not black, and think clearly for one minute in the stupid anti-GGG agenda you have since you registered here.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Listen scumbag.

GGG is from Karaganda, Kazakhztan.

Persuing big fights, he has gone to Germany, to Monaco, to the USA (West coast and east coast), and now London.

The only "demand" he is making is: The weight is 160, I'm only moving up or down for a big money fight.

He's not chosing the arena, the refs, the gloves, the ring size, A-side money (85-15 or anything), etc.

There are ZERO diva demands.

The problem with getting fights for GGG is that he is too good for some people to man up and fight him. Stop trying to twist the facts.

Tell Jacobs, BJS, Canelo, to cut the BS and fight him. The man wants to unify since 5 years ago and it's nearly impossible with these *******.

When he tried to fight Barker in the UK he wanted no purse, just a few seats in the arena. They said no.

You need to forget that you're black and that the man is not black, and think clearly for one minute in the stupid anti-GGG agenda you have since you registered here.
                    When you don't want to work hard to get fights made you end up fighting the Wade's, Monroe's and Welterweights. Any worth having in life is worth working hard for it. Main Events had to work hard to get Kovalev vs. Ward made. Golden Boy had to work hard to get Cotto vs. Canelo made. I don't know why you're getting so upset. I'm blaming Loeffler not GGG. I said I believe GGG will fight anyone they put in front of him. Him fighting Brook is proof of that

Comment

Working...
                    X