No announcement yet.

ban boxing: article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sleepingtime View Post
    "I am writing a response to your ‘Ban Boxing’ article and it seems that your comments are very biased and uninformed. People are attracted to boxing by large amounts of money. You should understand that where there’s large amounts of money involved, there will inevitably be large risks associated with it such as financial health, personal health or responsibility. It’s the individual’s choice whether or not to take up Boxing as a profession so let them make that decision! The only reason there are calls to ban the sport are because it is high profile, how often do we see pictures of injured or killed show jumpers or jockeys? And don’t forget Robyn that the sport of Boxing was invented for the so
    called civilised gentry in the days when family and social values were at their most strict. Let’s say for arguments sake that Boxing does get banned, wouldn’t forcing the sport underground almost certainly cause more injuries in what would be an unregulated sport? Have you ever sat down to watch a Boxing bout? If you have you’ll realise that there are Doctors in each fighter’s corner that check the fighter’s state of health at the end of each round and determine whether or not they’re able to continue. If not, the referee automatically stops the fight even if his corner is jumping up and down!"

Although it does kinda pi** me off sometimes that fights are stopped too early todays refs should take the same approach as the Old School refs like the ref during the Tunney v Greb war where Tunney copped a horrendous beating off Greb having his the whole right side of his face swollen from the temple all the way down to the chin!
    Good Post Jack. I hope she gets the point. If she doesn't get the point i think we can up the tempo of our letters lol.

Comment

Originally posted by infestacide View Post
      it took me some time to think of a way i could best put my opinion and all boxing fans opinions forward with both class and dignity... so this is what i come up with.

Dear Robyn,

YOUR A DUMB ****

Ben.
      hahahaha awesome man just awesome.

great points sleeping time..

it all comes down to consent.. we're a free country and when two consenting adults want to partake in an activity that has some acknowledged risks.. it's no one elses ****ing business.

Comment

Thanks for you feedback Champs! Robyn should stick to her tapestry rather than talk about Boxing! Were just getting warmed up UltimateBoxa! This can be taken to whole new level if need be!

Comment

Originally posted by infestacide View Post
          it took me some time to think of a way i could best put my opinion and all boxing fans opinions forward with both class and dignity... so this is what i come up with.

Dear Robyn,

YOUR A DUMB ****

Ben.
          LOL! We should do the Bumpy Knucles version of 'The Industry Shakedown' and call it the 'Herald Sun Shakedown'!

Comment

Working...
          X