No announcement yet.

Is Tony Yoka turning pro this year??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
    yoka will fail badly in the pro's,time will prove me right and you wrong.it's ok to be wrong from time to time.
    Joe Joyce is 31 while Yoka is 24, keep it in mind bro.

Yoka is amateur world champion, olympics champion, and olympics youth champion (beating J Parker in the finals) at 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      We'll see in the pros
      Well, Yoka is 24, Joyce is 31, so as a boxing promoter I know who I would engage.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Like I wrote in my previous post, people on this board doesn't understand how amateur boxing is judged.

Altough they adopted the round scoring, they kept the amateur scoring vision.

Only clean punches count, and we both know in amateur boxing, body punching is quite underestimated.

Yoka clearly won both rounds IMO.

As I wrote as an exemple, Hopkins would have won vs Calzaghe with amateur judging, amateur judges are harsh when it comes to count punches (give a point).

The punch has to be clean and right through the face, snapping the head, WELL, Yoka totally outclassed J Joyce in that department.

I'm glad Yoka won tough, J Joyce wasn't worthy to wear that medal, dude is a beast and seems to be a good lad but for god sake, he looks like a slow friday night fighter, def not elite.

He can turn pro IMO but he's 30 years old while Yoka is 23.
        I dont want to take anything away from Joyce but if he got that gold medal with the way he fights then i feel sorry for the state of amateur boxing. Like you said Joyce was slow, ponderous and he is now 30 years old. He should stay where he is at and retire as an amateur boxer, Yoka on the other hand would only improve, I think his stamina was terrible in that final but he still use his heart to get through it, if they can work on him then i can use a better fluid boxer in the HW over the next few years.

Comment

Well, Yoka is 24, Joyce is 31, so as a boxing promoter I know who I would engage.
          That would be a waste of money,on both fighters behalfs.Neither will do well in the pro's.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I dont want to take anything away from Joyce but if he got that gold medal with the way he fights then i feel sorry for the state of amateur boxing. Like you said Joyce was slow, ponderous and he is now 30 years old. He should stay where he is at and retire as an amateur boxer, Yoka on the other hand would only improve, I think his stamina was terrible in that final but he still use his heart to get through it, if they can work on him then i can use a better fluid boxer in the HW over the next few years.
          Still i don't think Yoka wil be successful if he turned pro.His stamina is p1ss poor and his output is terrible,he wouldn't even be dangerous for 3 rounds.He'd more than likely gas after 4-5 rounds.I'm not mocking the guy,i'm just saying what i saw,as you 2 say Joyce was very poor,so Yoka should of looked like a world beater

Comment

That would be a waste of money,on both fighters behalfs.Neither will do well in the pro's.

Still i don't think Yoka wil be successful if he turned pro.His stamina is p1ss poor and his output is terrible,he wouldn't even be dangerous for 3 rounds.He'd more than likely gas after 4-5 rounds.I'm not mocking the guy,i'm just saying what i saw,as you 2 say Joyce was very poor,so Yoka should of looked like a world beater
            Yoka is not in his prime, he can get a lot better on any point you described.

How good looked Josh in London?
            I rewatched 2 of his London fights, he was slow and clumsy.

Better one, how good looked Wilder in Beijing?

They both ended world champions.

Yoka will be 0-0 if he turns pro and won't have to fight Fury or Wilder in the first 5 years of his pro career, I guess he won't be ridiculous at the beginning, then he can only get better.

That is HW boxing so maybe as you're betting he will end his ass on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Don't know if you saw that fight, but Usyk who just won his first pro title at cruiser moved up to Super HW in ams and fought Joyce in the series.

He schooled Joyce's ass, embarassed him.

That Usyk is something to watch...doesn't have the frame to be HW champ but dude is a surgeon in the ring.

Comment

Yoka is not in his prime, he can get a lot better on any point you described.

How good looked Josh in London?
                I rewatched 2 of his London fights, he was slow and clumsy.

Better one, how good looked Wilder in Beijing?

They both ended world champions.

Yoka will be 0-0 if he turns pro and won't have to fight Fury or Wilder in the first 5 years of his pro career, I guess he won't be ridiculous at the beginning, then he can only get better.

That is HW boxing so maybe as you're betting he will end his ass on the floor.
                I don't get off on boxers who fail to make it m8.Yes he won't have to fight the likes of those you mentioned.Anthony Joshua is a different type of animal to Yoka.I don't really rate Wilder,he's a powerful guy obviously but that's about it.Are you yoka's relative lol?

Is he even turning pro?I've heard none of the big promoters saying they want to sign him to their stable

Comment

I don't get off on boxers who fail to make it m8.Yes he won't have to fight the likes of those you mentioned.Anthony Joshua is a different type of animal to Yoka.I don't really rate Wilder,he's a powerful guy obviously but that's about it.Are you yoka's relative lol?

Is he even turning pro?I've heard none of the big promoters saying they want to sign him to their stable
                  And you Fury's relative?

Can I just appreciate and rate a fighter as you are?

Main Yoka's problem is his frenchness, Josh is english so you can hype him in the UK; Wilder in the US, Yoka will probably end with a shtty promoter fighting cans in Paris.

Comment

And you Fury's relative?

Can I just appreciate and rate a fighter as you are?

Main Yoka's problem is his frenchness, Josh is english so you can hype him in the UK; Wilder in the US, Yoka will probably end with a shtty promoter fighting cans in Paris.
                    Hahaha of course.Hopefully Yoka gets a good promoter behind him,being world and olympic champion should see him get a great offer to switch over.

Comment

the guy had the worse, herky jerky, am style I've seen in ages. Plus he stole that gold.

Comment

Working...
                      X