Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get depressed after a bad training session?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get depressed after a bad training session?

Like when someone gets the better of you in sparring or you don't perform like you usually do. I don't even take boxing seriously and have never competed but s**** gets you down when you think about all the time you've put into getting better yet you still suck compared to the next guy.

not always but sometimes. its natural to have those moments, everyone does.

Comment

It's natural, but i take it like a man and work harder the next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
        Like when someone gets the better of you in sparring or you don't perform like you usually do. I don't even take boxing seriously and have never competed but s**** gets you down when you think about all the time you've put into getting better yet you still suck compared to the next guy.
        "They see the glory,but they do not know the story"
        Ali did not look awesome in sparring, especially, with Larry Holmes. It seems that Larry was the champ actually. Why? because Ali worked on his weaknesses. Tyson used to knock his partners out like two per week, what was the outcome? When things got tough , he was not ready mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
          It's natural, but i take it like a man and work harder the next time around.
          I know that's what any good fighter would do but sometimes its tough when you let yourself down and begin questioning whether or not its worth stopping while you're still ahead. I've been severely restricting calories to lose weight and always get hungry during training too, so maybe its just that f***ing with my motivation.

Comment

When I got back in the gym after a 2 year lay off I got Gatti'd by a guy I would have steam rolled had I never left the gym. I felt like trash and lost focus for about a week...I'm like 80% back to where I was before, but getting my ass kicked killed me inside.

I still trained after that but it was a little hard to deal with. I'm improving a lot as the weeks pass.

Comment

Maybe the guy your sparring simply takes it more seriously than you do!
              Get a little more serious! Putting time in is fine however not being serious will usually get your butt kicked. Good think you don't compete! Every gym needs a safe spar partner to work with the new guys then get your butt kicked by the kids coming up! Your doin' fine keep up with the lack of seriousness!!!
              Ha! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
                It is fairly normal. Just like you feel great after a good work out...your serotonin levels effect that stuff as far as I know which admittedly isn`t that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Get a little more serious! Putting time in is fine however not being serious will usually get your butt kicked. Good think you don't compete! Every gym needs a safe spar partner to work with the new guys then get your butt kicked by the kids coming up! Your doin' fine keep up with the lack of seriousness!!!
                  Ha! Ray
                  yup, train as you'd fight because you'll fight as you've trained..... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Ha! Ray
                    wow. you are an embarrassment to the boxing brotherhood.

Comment

Working...
                    X