No announcement yet.

I guess Eric Spoelstra is not that good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Eric Spoelstra is not that good

I wanted to believe he's one of the reasons for the Heat's success (coz he's a Filipino like me). It turns out it's all Lebron James. smh.

He re-invented their offense when Bosh and Wade were both out. He's a very good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler View Post
      I wanted to believe he's one of the reasons for the Heat's success (coz he's a Filipino like me). It turns out it's all Lebron James. smh.
      No coach is going to look good without the right team. I think sometimes coaches get too much credit for winning and too much of the blame for losing.

Comment

I think he's a good coach but I do find his offensive sets are a little too predictable and in a lot of Heat games this season they lost big leads and lost games because there offense is so stagnant and predictable. He relies too heavily on Wade/Dragic to create which It also doesn't help that the Heats offense has no spacing right now because Dragic, Wade and Deng are all slasher type players with Whiteside an inside presence and no Bosh.

The Heat this season have had no luck with injuries and I think they can make some noise next year if they can get healthy and add more 3pt shooters/improve bench depth overall.

Comment

What? Spoelstra is to blame for this?

-Josh McRoberts injured.
          -Chris Bosh sick with literally a deadly blood clot in his system.
          -Wade's knees.
          -Goran Dragic joined the team post Allstar trade deadline.
          -Shabazz Napier injured.
          -Hassan Whiteside missing games due to injuries.
          -Thibodeau drained Deng's basketball powers like a Space Jam alien.
          -Chris Andersen & Udonis Haslem are done.

What Spoelstra is actually responsible for:

-Ennis is a promising rookie, should've received more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfert View Post
            What? Spoelstra is to blame for this?

-Josh McRoberts injured.
            -Chris Bosh sick with literally a deadly blood clot in his system.
            -Wade's knees.
            -Goran Dragic joined the team post Allstar trade deadline.
            -Shabazz Napier injured.
            -Hassan Whiteside missing games due to injuries.
            -Thibodeau drained Deng's basketball powers like a Space Jam alien.
            -Chris Andersen & Udonis Haslem are done.

What Spoelstra is actually responsible for:

-Ennis is a promising rookie, should've received more minutes.
            Exactly. He's done about as good a job as he can with all the injuries this season. He was the coach when the Heat went to the playoffs with no one besides Dwyane Wade as well, he didn't come out of nowhere when Lebron arrived. There's a reason Wade fought to keep him back then.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Exactly. He's done about as good a job as he can with all the injuries this season. He was the coach when the Heat went to the playoffs with no one besides Dwyane Wade as well, he didn't come out of nowhere when Lebron arrived. There's a reason Wade fought to keep him back then.
              People just think of him as the film coordinator (or whatever job it was) that lucked into lbj, bosh and wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilistic™ View Post
                I think he's a good coach but I do find his offensive sets are a little too predictable and in a lot of Heat games this season they lost big leads and lost games because there offense is so stagnant and predictable. He relies too heavily on Wade/Dragic to create which It also doesn't help that the Heats offense has no spacing right now because Dragic, Wade and Deng are all slasher type players with Whiteside an inside presence and no Bosh.

The Heat this season have had no luck with injuries and I think they can make some noise next year if they can get healthy and add more 3pt shooters/improve bench depth overall.
                What did I say yesterday. Smdh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilistic™ View Post
                  What did I say yesterday. Smdh.
                  That was insane. It happened so quick it was hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    That was insane. It happened so quick it was hard to believe.
                    Unfortunately it was no surprise to me. It's happened all year with this Heat team and it goes back to what I said earlier about Spos offense being too predictable.

Defensively he's a good coach but his offensive sets need to improve for this Heat team to be a threat because LeBron isn't there anymore to bail us out.

Comment

Working...
                    X