The Hardest Puncher in Boxing History ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Tyson

Comment

Klitschkos need a mention if we're talking straight power. I'd put Wlad's right straight up there with anyone as far as single punches go.

Comment

foreman and shavers lewis is underated

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          If I had to choose one it would be George Foreman.
          Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          If it is about all time hardest punchers, then Earnie Shavers absolutely has to be on it.
          Always when this question pops up, my guess (I haven't faced either of 'em in the ring so it's just a guess ) is Mr. Shavers for one-punch power and Mr. Foreman for increased damaging ...

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          For P4P power I favor Julian Jackson.
          ... and perhaps Mr. Jackson for P4P power.
          Last edited by Ben Bolt; 02-28-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by George64 View Post
            Hello to all boxing fans,

I´m from Germany (sry for my bad grammar )I´d like to know who are the hardest Punchers in Boxing history. I´ve done a Video and would ask you wheather I have forgotten a Boxer. Here is the link on YouTube:
            /watch?v=6dAcm0iLJG0

Please add Boxers to the list of the hardest puncher and give me suggestions for my next video.

Best regards
            The link you provided didn't work, but I found a vid with similar code to the one you've written. So I believe this vid is your work.

If so, and though I might not agree with your top 5 picks, it's a good piece of work. Keep it up!

Comment

Jack Dempsey. He would fracture ribs and break jaws with his punches.

Comment

At heavyweight, I'd look at Ernie Shavers, George Foreman, Sonny Liston, Mike Tyson, David Tua, Joe Louis, and Max Baer.

Pound for Pound, Julian Jackson, Edwin Rosario, Michael Moored (mostly at light-heavyweight), Bob Fitzsimmons, Jimmy Wilde, Sam Langford, Manny Pacquiao,Thomas Hearns, Rocky Graziano,.....

There are many others; but that's all who are coming to mind right now. You might have trouble finding footage of the older ones.If any more come to mind, I'll add 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                  At heavyweight, I'd look at Ernie Shavers, George Foreman, Sonny Liston, Mike Tyson, David Tua, Joe Louis, and Max Baer.

Pound for Pound, Julian Jackson, Edwin Rosario, Michael Moored (mostly at light-heavyweight), Bob Fitzsimmons, Jimmy Wilde, Sam Langford, Manny Pacquiao,Thomas Hearns, Rocky Graziano,.....

There are many others; but that's all who are coming to mind right now. You might have trouble finding footage of the older ones.If any more come to mind, I'll add 'em.
                  Very creative list with some great people....

I am going to second you on Max Baer. There are others mentioned on this list that are probbaly also good to consider.

I would also put Dempsey in the mix and here is a great reason to consider Jack D: When we talk about the hardest punchers we don't seem to consider body punchers as part of the mix. Dempsey to my mind was the best body puncher with respect to "most force generated.' jack could break ribs! heres the thing....Even the hardest head hunters are punching "hard" differently than a guy who can do that kind of damage to the body.

When we consider the list of guys most of them are not big body punchers. Shavers, Tyson Louis and Lewis as examples are well balanced punchers but usually showed power by ko shots to the cranium. George hit your arms...to get to your head, Louis was taught to work the body to get to the head, Lewis hit hardest with uppercuts and a right to the head and Tyson did indeed have great hooking punches but usually wound up using this punch to set up the ko as a head shot.

Guys like Max Baer, who had one of the hardest rights no doubt, were not big body punchers...if one thinks Vlad is one of the hardest punchers, well that would be another example of a guy who virtually never went to the body.

Jack Dempsey is singular in that he was one of the hardest punchers and....could hit to the body with enough force to end it.....Something very hard to accomplish even as a hard puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Very creative list with some great people....

I am going to second you on Max Baer. There are others mentioned on this list that are probbaly also good to consider.

I would also put Dempsey in the mix and here is a great reason to consider Jack D: When we talk about the hardest punchers we don't seem to consider body punchers as part of the mix. Dempsey to my mind was the best body puncher with respect to "most force generated.' jack could break ribs! heres the thing....Even the hardest head hunters are punching "hard" differently than a guy who can do that kind of damage to the body.

When we consider the list of guys most of them are not big body punchers. Shavers, Tyson Louis and Lewis as examples are well balanced punchers but usually showed power by ko shots to the cranium. George hit your arms...to get to your head, Louis was taught to work the body to get to the head, Lewis hit hardest with uppercuts and a right to the head and Tyson did indeed have great hooking punches but usually wound up using this punch to set up the ko as a head shot.

Guys like Max Baer, who had one of the hardest rights no doubt, were not big body punchers...if one thinks Vlad is one of the hardest punchers, well that would be another example of a guy who virtually never went to the body.

Jack Dempsey is singular in that he was one of the hardest punchers and....could hit to the body with enough force to end it.....Something very hard to accomplish even as a hard puncher.
                    Very, very good point on body punchers Gans Dempsey. Willard, I believe, had three ribs fractured in his fight with Dempsey. He went to his grave convinced that Jack had an iron bolt clutched tight in his left glove in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Jack Dempsey. He would fracture ribs and break jaws with his punches.
                      Didn't see this post credit to shoulder roll for putting Dempsey in the mix!

Comment

Working...
                      X