Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarver vs Jones 2 = Maidana vs Mayweather 2 ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets hope so!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      This is a horrible comparison. Floyd didn't look anywhere near as bad as Roy did in Tarver 1.
      Still speaks volumes that Floyd even struggled with a guy like Maidana in the first place. They aren't even in the same league and yet Chino won about 5 rounds.

I'm not saying Maidana is going to win, but I am saying Floyd is showing signs he's past his best days.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Still speaks volumes that Floyd even struggled with a guy like Maidana in the first place. They aren't even in the same league and yet Chino won about 5 rounds.

I'm not saying Maidana is going to win, but I am saying Floyd is showing signs he's past his best days.
        Why do people insist chino is a lay down? Struggled with a guy "like" maidana? He gives everybody problems. Maidana has definitely got better since his move to welterweight and only had 3 losses before floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
          Why do people insist chino is a lay down? Struggled with a guy "like" maidana? He gives everybody problems. Maidana has definitely got better since his move to welterweight and only had 3 losses before floyd.
          Because he's a crude fighter. Not very skilled. Very sloppy, very amateurish at times. Sure you can say he's gotten a bit better but he's a big overachiever. He was bordering on being irrelevant after he lost to Devon Alexander. Exposes Broner and boom, gets a Mayweather shot. Really quite remarkable that he made it to this stage.

Comment

The comparison is not even close. At the end of the first fight, Roy didn't have an answer for Tarver. He pretty much laid on the ropes and waited for the bell to ring. Mayweather was able to figure Maidana out and out boxed him. Unless Mayweather has a major lapse in concentration I don't see it happening. Jones got caught cold. I don't see Mayweather getting caught cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs Away! View Post
              Chino Maidana is the better natural fighter of the two. Mayweather is a hyped up champion. He really isn't all that great. Maidana is gonna expose him more in a couple of weeks.
              Chino is not the better natural fighter, floyd already proved that in the first fight..smdh

Comment

Floyd's age has definitely caught up to him (possibly for a while now) so one thing I am certain is that even if he does beat Maidana, it still won't be as easy as some people expect.

Comment

To me Mayweather is clearly aging, and I think rapidly. You could be right ts.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Because he's a crude fighter. Not very skilled. Very sloppy, very amateurish at times. Sure you can say he's gotten a bit better but he's a big overachiever. He was bordering on being irrelevant after he lost to Devon Alexander. Exposes Broner and boom, gets a Mayweather shot. Really quite remarkable that he made it to this stage.
                    It clearly wasn't that easy. He won 4 straight, 3 by ko. One of them being the most hyped guy in the sport..

The easy to see improvements with Garcia. Maidana is who he is, but I would certainly call him a skilled fighter now. He execute to many skilled tactics, thinks in the ring, and sets up too many shots up to simply be called crude.

Ya, he's awkward and doesn't look the part. That means nothing. It's what you do, not how you look doing it.
                    Last edited by Da Machine; 09-02-2014, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Chino Maidana is the better natural fighter of the two. Mayweather is a hyped up champion. He really isn't all that great. Maidana is gonna expose him more in a couple of weeks.
                      What exactly do you mean by better natural fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X