On this Day : Duran edges Leonard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    One of my all-time favorite fights.

Makes me sad to think that we live in the "let it marinate" era these days.
    This type of fight would never happen nowadays, #1, because there are no fighters as good as those 2, and #3, there's so much money to be made without making mega fights, and just milking a boxer with a big name for as long as he can, wihtout having to take a huge risk.

The 1 fight that came even close to this caliber of fight was made way way way too late.

Comment

Bring back 15 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
        and on this day the coward "hit and dont hit" mentality was born and took over the black ghetto's throughout america!
        My man, the idea of hitting and not getting hit was born a longggggg time before 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          My man, the idea of hitting and not being hit was born a longggggg time before 1980.

pssshhhh get with the damn program...

Comment

Tremendous win by Duran. Masterful performance.

Comment

War Duran!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                This type of fight would never happen nowadays, #1, because there are no fighters as good as those 2, and #3, there's so much money to be made without making mega fights, and just milking a boxer with a big name for as long as he can, wihtout having to take a huge risk.

The 1 fight that came even close to this caliber of fight was made way way way too late.
                Amen to that.

Comment

Arguably, the greatest fight of all time.

Comment

At the end of the fight duran grabs his balls and points at someone ringside lmaoooo

I heard it was Benitez he was pointing to.. anybody know the story?

Comment

What a great fight. And one of the very best wins anyone ever managed.

Comment

Working...
                      X