• Show
Clear All

• Just How Famous Is Amir In The UK

from what I understand Kell is known in his city, but how famous is Amir

He's known pretty well in Scotland but I wouldn't say he's a superstar

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      from what I understand Kell is known in his city, but how famous is Amir
      if remember correctly, he went to Kell's hometown and pulled similar figure as Kell

Comment

He's very famous.

As opposed to Kell Brook who's not very famous.

Comment

I'd say Kahn is very well known nationally in the UK were Brook is probably only known in his city.

Kahn won silver at the Olympics and was heavily promoted after that. Obviously being British-Asian, it was an opportunity for sponsors etc to tap that market. He is/was sponsored by Reebok who incidentally are a company first founded on Bolton (where Kahn is from).

Comment

It's not even close between Khan and Brook. Khan is a household name and has been in the press constantly since he was a 17 year old, fighting in the Olympics.

Comment

Very famous, he's one of those athletes that people know whether or not they follow the sport. Mainly due to the Olympics and all the coverage that came with that.

Comment

He's probably loved by all

Comment

Khan is classed as a superstar boxer over here,he's been in the eye of the public since he was 17 for christ sakes.

Comment

yeah he is a famous **** but being famous dont = fans ill say brook has more boxing fans then khan khan is more-less American now

Comment

Working...
                    X