Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC President: "Miguel Cotto Told Me That He Is Facing Golovkin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happening. Cotto isn't an idiot. It's the end of an already extended career. He's not comfortable at 160. Doesn't add up for him. Can't entirely blame him. He knows he should probably be retired.

Comment

Would be awesome. Don't think he's getting by Canelo though.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        No it's not reasonable, both men are champions or supposedly champions within the middleweight division, that then, should not require a cw. I can't believe cws are now reasonable in a unification fight.

Cotto claims he isn't a mw, then move your ass down.
        GGG & his team will decide if its reasonable if Cotto wins (which I don't think happens anyway). Does GGG & his team want a big pile of PPV money or does he give THAT many f#cks about 3lbs or w/e.

I've been saying recently I think Cotto will decide GGG is a much more attractive opponent once this PPV fight got made. So I'm not surprised if this remark is true. I won't be surprised if Cotto pushes for a fight with GGG AFTER he loses to Canelo later in 2016. And I think GGG would be cool with that to cuz even if Cotto loses he's still worth a nice payday for GGG if they fight. I tend to think Cotto retires if he loses, but you never know. I'm not sure how sexy that Roc Nation deal is.

Comment

No it's not reasonable, both men are champions or supposedly champions within the middleweight division, that then, should not require a cw. I can't believe cws are now reasonable in a unification fight.

Cotto claims he isn't a mw, then move your ass down.
          De la hoya-Hopkins was unification and it was a catchweight. **** happens so deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Would be awesome. Don't think he's getting by Canelo though.
            Why not?? Canelo is average at best and tailor made for cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
              De la hoya-Hopkins was unification and it was a catchweight. **** happens so deal with it
              so? that doesn't make it right

Comment

He's probably saying that so he can get a favorable opinion by the judges

Comment

I think 157 is reasonable. GGG will have to compromise if he wants the pay day.
                  Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  I think 160 is reasonable. Cotto will have to compromise if he wants to keep the belt.
                  LOL.

I think it should be at 160 because its a unification and lineal fight.

Comment

so? that doesn't make it right
                    It makes it part of history. It would not be the first or last time so deal with it.

Comment

It makes it part of history. It would not be the first or last time so deal with it.
                      I don't have to deal with it but it's a sad part of boxing, back then it was rare, now it's constant. You deal with Cotto being a **** champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X