Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Haye tackle Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course josh is ready. But its a case of just whether you want to pad out your record or want a real learning fight and test where there is a possibility you lose a perfect record.
    There is possibility Hayes loses as well, it just hate is willing to take the chsance.
    Josh leaves his opponents stricken in a heap on the floor just like haye does. We always think experienced fighters will test josh and we end up wrong. Many think hate would be too much and we could be wrong again, nothing to suggest otherwise
    But like josh said fights that would be hard now will be easier if he takes his time and learns more. So josh wants haye to be an easy fight, rather than a hard one now? But the reality is haye may always be a tough one and you can't be too calculated and cherry pick! So josh may just not be mentally ready then so be it but the opportunity may have come and gone
    Last edited by hugh grant; 01-28-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Joshua would have a punchers chance. Haye beats him on experience.

Comment

I think Joshua would beat his ass up.

If Joshua at any point has Haye on the ropes, he's done. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I think Joshua would beat his ass up.

If Joshua at any point has Haye on the ropes, he's done. That's it.
          Haye has shown far more vulnerabilities that josh has so far for people to doubt josh like they do. Its hate who lost to Carl Thompson after all and pout down by light heavyweights. Hate has improved but he he has shown the vulnerabilities. Josh only one so far was he wobbled against whyte.

Its OK to say he isn't ready, but that's almost saying hate beats you and you might as well pout a loss on Josh's resume already. But josh shouldn't be s so self deprecating. He might beat hate and shouldn't give too much respect

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Haye has shown far more vulnerabilities that josh has so far for people to doubt josh like they do. Its hate who lost to Carl Thompson after all and pout down by light heavyweights. Hate has improved but he he has shown the vulnerabilities. Josh only one so far was he wobbled against whyte.

Its OK to say he isn't ready, but that's almost saying hate beats you and you might as well pout a loss on Josh's resume already. But josh shouldn't be s so self deprecating. He might beat hate and shouldn't give too much respect
            I don't really look at the Thompson loss, but let's look at his heavyweight career.

Who has he actually beaten? His best win is either Valuev or Chisora. I mean, who in their right mind don't think Joshua would beat the living crap out of both of those guys?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I don't really look at the Thompson loss, but let's look at his heavyweight career.

Who has he actually beaten? His best win is either Valuev or Chisora. I mean, who in their right mind don't think Joshua would beat the living crap out of both of those guys?
              Ruiz might be the best. But josh brpeats Ruiz in 5 rounds

Comment

I am glad some of you guys aren't promoters, or don't have to look after a fighters career, yes I am talking to you two idiots above. Joshua is not ready for Haye, and even if he has a punchers chance it is such an unknown that you would not risk a career like that and throw him in, David Haye is not what he needs right now.

Dillian Whyte was the first fighter that Joshua has fought that wasn't there to just collect a cheque, and look what happened. David Haye has been fighting good fighters for years, some very good fighters so we know how he measures up at a high level. Joshua needs to moved along a little slower than what people are pushing for at the moment, he needs time to get that experience without fighting someone like Haye. Everyone around him I am sure are fully aware of this, Joshua has still so much to improve on, and I think he will in time. Lets see how Joshua does against someone like Chisora, or one of the other fringe contenders or gatekeepers. You don't go from low level fighters and past it veterans to a Dillian Whyte and struggle and then go another level or two up, you consolidate now and fight a few fights at this level and assess.

David Haye would love this fight this year, but for Joshua's sake I hope it happens in 12-18 months if both keep winning and look good.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  I am glad some of you guys aren't promoters, or don't have to look after a fighters career, yes I am talking to you two idiots above. Joshua is not ready for Haye, and even if he has a punchers chance it is such an unknown that you would not risk a career like that and throw him in, David Haye is not what he needs right now.

Dillian Whyte was the first fighter that Joshua has fought that wasn't there to just collect a cheque, and look what happened. David Haye has been fighting good fighters for years, some very good fighters so we know how he measures up at a high level. Joshua needs to moved along a little slower than what people are pushing for at the moment, he needs time to get that experience without fighting someone like Haye. Everyone around him I am sure are fully aware of this, Joshua has still so much to improve on, and I think he will in time. Lets see how Joshua does against someone like Chisora, or one of the other fringe contenders or gatekeepers. You don't go from low level fighters and past it veterans to a Dillian Whyte and struggle and then go another level or two up, you consolidate now and fight a few fights at this level and assess.

David Haye would love this fight this year, but for Joshua's sake I hope it happens in 12-18 months if both keep winning and look good.
                  David Haye has only ever faced one truly elite boxer, and lost every round against him.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    David Haye has only ever faced one truly elite boxer, and lost every round against him.
                    Well first of all he didn't lose every round, if you want to be factual. It was a bad style match up for Haye who is a back foot counter puncher, he couldn't get Wladimir to fall out of position and he lost. Wladimir fought a good fight. Would Haye have the same result against all the current champions? I don't think so, but time will tell. I think he is more polished and better than a lot of these guys.

But what elite fighter has Joshua faced? Haye has fought the better competition, I am not sleeping on Whyte either, but fact of the matter is Haye is more proven and fought the better fighters and has gained lots of experience in the process, this gives him a big advantage over Joshua as we speak TODAY. Not only that but if you eyeball test both guys Haye does most things better and faster than Joshua, thats not to say that with a bit more experience under his belt that Joshua couldn't nullify and beat Haye with his size and talent down the road.

You can dissect Haye's resume all you want, but he has beaten good fighters, world champions at two weights and lots of different styles (which is important). We haven't seen Joshua in the same scenarios, he hasn't even ticked half the boxes yet.

Comment

Well first of all he didn't lose every round, if you want to be factual. It was a bad style match up for Haye who is a back foot counter puncher, he couldn't get Wladimir to fall out of position and he lost. Wladimir fought a good fight. Would Haye have the same result against all the current champions? I don't think so, but time will tell. I think he is more polished and better than a lot of these guys.
                      Haye stunk the place out and fought like a coward. He didn't even try to beat Klitschko, he was perfectly content to lose on points. Tyson Fury told him that to his face during a Ringside TV show and Haye didn't even bother to deny it.

But what elite fighter has Joshua faced? Haye has fought the better competition, I am not sleeping on Whyte either, but fact of the matter is Haye is more proven and fought the better fighters and has gained lots of experience in the process, this gives him a big advantage over Joshua as we speak TODAY. Not only that but if you eyeball test both guys Haye does most things better and faster than Joshua, thats not to say that with a bit more experience under his belt that Joshua couldn't nullify and beat Haye with his size and talent down the road.
                      Eyeball test, Joshua looks like a proper HW, not a blown up CW. Haye looked good in his last fight against an utter tomato can, but who wouldn't look good against him? I don't think he looked that good anyway, his footwork was lousy and he was sweating his back off after 2 minutes in the ring. He still has good hand speed and power I'll give him that.

All Joshua needs to do is tighten up his defence. Like i say, Haye is a wimp and when he gets in the ring with a real man like Joshua, he'll get on his bike and run, just like he did against Wladimir & Valuev.

You can dissect Haye's resume all you want, but he has beaten good fighters, world champions at two weights
                      He's not though. His best win at CW was Enzo Mac and his run at HW was a farce. He barely scraped a decision against the worst HW of all time and the very fight before, this world champion was taken to school by the corpse of Evander Holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                      X