Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: As Soon as Golovkin Has a Fight, Everyone Wants Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Cotto beat Martinez and then refused to label himself a middleweight...why not vacate the crown? Oh no, wait, he would then defend his title against Canelo, who then became lineal middleweight champ. t doesn't matter what weight they WANT to fight at, they are middleweight champions and should have fought the best available opponent in their division, who was that?.
    The bottom line is...the Lineal Belt is a joke and to try and classify Cotto and Alvarez as legit champs is a joke as well. Why, because if they are legit champs for winning the belt at less than 160, then it's legit to defend the belt at less than 160. But we all know you called BS on that. If K2 and Trip really wanted that WBC strap they would not have agreed to step aside. So they spent how long chasing a money fight against a smaller fighter?

Step aside, 164, Guy on house arrest, welterweight. See the pattern?

Comment

Lara called his *****ass out before the garbage Brook fight was announced

Comment

That picture, its almost as if brook and golovkin are similar size? Ive been hearing on this site that the size difference is like david and goliath, maybe i need to get my eyes checked!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Such as? I don't think Eubank, Saunders, Jacobs are willing to fight him but haven't heard them talk any **** since GGG-Brook was announced. GGG wasn't willing to fight Ward but haven't heard Ward say anything about GGG in a while. They are trying to get credit for being willing to fight DeGale despite not offering him a deal and yet DeGale hasn't been saying anything about him either.

Maybe I missed something as I'm not on twitter but no idea who they are referring to. Canelo has been criticising GGG-Brook but has also openly stated he's not willing to fight GGG so not like you can accuse him of saying "we'll fight him" either.

If anything Loeffer is guilty of exactly what he's accusing others of. He never at any point mentioned wanting the DeGale fight before signing for Brook, never tried to get Hearn to agree to it. Instead they announced the Brook fight and then when it was too late "oh yeah we would've fought DeGale".
          it's amazing how some you guys on here act like you're in those business meetings/phone calls. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Sound argument. But it forces him to campaign at 160. I think he just wants to challenge the big dog at MW but be in position to go back to 154 as a top guy if he gets beaten.

I think if the money is right for Jacobs...he should go for it.
            We can agree on this point. Fighting either GGG or Jacobs would force Lara to campaign at 160, so that shouldn't matter. He can easily still go back to 154 if he fights either GGG or Jacobs. Nearly all top 154lb are with Haymon, so those fights won't be hard to get for Lara-- if he wants those, which I doubt.

Jacobs is getting a lot of scorn/ hate for saying he wants to fight GGG in 1.5 years and when he can get paid like Fort Knox. The WBA is to blame for this fight not happening. They are not issuing the mandatory for this fight for some reason, despite calling mandatories for all their other various belts. Once this mandatory is enforced... Jacobs will have to prove his worth or vacate. Let's hope he does the right thing.

Comment

lil g and his fans are scum!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Such as? I don't think Eubank, Saunders, Jacobs are willing to fight him but haven't heard them talk any **** since GGG-Brook was announced. GGG wasn't willing to fight Ward but haven't heard Ward say anything about GGG in a while. They are trying to get credit for being willing to fight DeGale despite not offering him a deal and yet DeGale hasn't been saying anything about him either.

Maybe I missed something as I'm not on twitter but no idea who they are referring to. Canelo has been criticising GGG-Brook but has also openly stated he's not willing to fight GGG so not like you can accuse him of saying "we'll fight him" either.

If anything Loeffer is guilty of exactly what he's accusing others of. He never at any point mentioned wanting the DeGale fight before signing for Brook, never tried to get Hearn to agree to it. Instead they announced the Brook fight and then when it was too late "oh yeah we would've fought DeGale".
                Actually, GGG's team visited DeGale's team to gauge interest while they were there in London...& this was shortly after Saunders won the WBO. They were already scouting venues & looking to fight the top British guys available. And DeGale's team has been locked in negotiations with Jack's team for months. There has been no breakthroughs in that situation even now. I think you're trying to imply that GGG cherry-picked Kell Brook. But it cannot be cherry picking because in order to do that GGG needs to have options. When Canelo chose Khan, that was a cherry pick. GGG's team had to "settle" for Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                  Doesn't make financial sense
                  164 Catchweight
                  Maybe 2017

All replies by team Lil G when a Ward fight was brought up. FACT
                  You forgot to include there that the 164 CW was for a 50/50 purse split. If Ward's team truly wanted 168, they had to be willing to take less than 50/50. It doesn't make financial sense to give Ward 50/50 & his preferred weight when the financials don't back Ward's argument. And we're still waiting on that email Andre said disproves everything said by GGG's team.

Comment

Loeffler needs to do more like visiting these people's homes and make sure they can't come up with any excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia5280 View Post
                      I can't even think how anyone believe's he could have a chance with Andre Ward! Ward would wipe his a$$ with him! lopsided embarrassment fight for "Triple Fraud!"
                      Oddsmakers would make GGG a slight favorite in that potential matchup. Fighting Ward is the closest thing GGG has right now to a 50/50 fight. But Ward would not be favored with the opening line.

Comment

Working...
                      X