Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson: If I Lose To David Price, I Have To Quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson: If I Lose To David Price, I Have To Quit

TONY THOMPSON will be fighting to save his boxing career when he collides with British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion David Price this weekend.

The top ten ranked pair clash over 12 rounds in Price’s (15-0) backyard at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday night.

Thompson (36-2) lost in six rounds to Wladimir Klitschko last summer – his second defeat in world championship challenges against the number one heavyweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds good if Thompson shows up motivated, but this is still doubtful. His last pig payday. This is not the huge step up for Price people want it to be.

Comment

an ex Wlad opponent is never going to be a huge step up. It seems like having a part timer as champ waters down the expectations of the whole division, Price should be way ahead of himself at the age of 30, or hes going to run out of years in which to be a champion himself.

Comment

Good to hear Thompson is up for it - doubt the out come will be any different. But it doesn't matter, people will only look at his age when Price sparks him out in a couple of rounds. Not the fact that he's a two time world challenger and was ranked #1 by a major governing body just 6months ago or so. At least he's not fat and coming off a loss in the prizefighter tournament.

Comment

Quit Now.

Quit Now. No use waiting. That way nobody has to see the boring fight you have scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            an ex Wlad opponent is never going to be a huge step up. It seems like having a part timer as champ waters down the expectations of the whole division, Price should be way ahead of himself at the age of 30, or hes going to run out of years in which to be a champion himself.
            Part timer as champ? Are you some kind of ****ing ******? Or Just British?

The Klitschko's are both very active HW champions by any measure.

Comment

Tony Thompson is done, just like every fighter that contemplates retirement BEFORE the fight.

Comment

my expectations are pretty low. he's 41 & has be relatively inactive the last few years other then 3 rounds with maurice harris & his title fight. i hope he shows up to fight & tests price's chin. if price blows him out then i won't get that excited because of his age but it's still the best guy he has fought to date.

Comment

Working...
                X