Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current JMW has the best chance against GGG at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    I think he forgets that Hagler & Hopkins cemented their legacies as MW champs by beating men from lower weight classes, not higher.
    They had to. That's where the money was. Just like Canelo and Cotto are where the money is now. Like GGG would get that kind of scratch against the higher division guys.

I say he beats up on little guys. It's a proven formula for wealth and happiness.

Comment

The only I can pick out of the top three names would be Lara, and that's because of his non-engaging style. Alvarez would push GGG but he isn't a MW yet with experience, if GGG himself was coming from JMW a year fight before then I would have give Canelo a better chance, Trout would not get away in a GGG fight.

Comment

so im assuming Cotto is not on the poll cuz he is considered a MW now, right?
        or unless we pretend he is a brave WW who fights JMWs and MWs...
        or simply he is not good enough to be considered in that poll...
        which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          I think he forgets that Hagler & Hopkins cemented their legacies as MW champs by beating men from lower weight classes, not higher.
          Yes.

He clearly has a double standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Why not? Floyd looked down to 140 to find Hatton, 135 to find Marquez, 140 to find Maidana, 126 to find Guerrero, etc.

Pacquiao is a smaller man, and was planning to go back to 140. He started as a strawweight and won a world title at flyweight 112, while the much bigger Floyd started as a junior lightweight 130 and filled out to welterweight by his late 20s.

Ward is "looking down" calling out Golovkin who is a small middleweight, but you have no problem with that for some reason.
            Just plain stupid because all of those other than Marquez had actually fought at Floyd's weight or were campaigning there. Infact some were even champions at Floyd's weight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Just plain stupid because all of those other than Marquez had actually fought at Floyd's weight or were campaigning there. Infact some were even champions at Floyd's weight.
              You mean like Hatton getting beat up by Collazo only to get a gift win

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                so im assuming Cotto is not on the poll cuz he is considered a MW now, right?
                or unless we pretend he is a brave WW who fights JMWs and MWs...
                or simply he is not good enough to be considered in that poll...
                which one is it?
                I was thinking the same thing about Canelo, minus fighting the MW part of course.

Comment

Working...
                X