No announcement yet.

The "how did you score..." thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
    Just scored Barrera-Morales II. I had it 115-115. Five rounds a piece and two even.
    Really? I had Morales winning that one clearly.

I did score the 3rd one a draw, though. And most seem to see it as a clear Barrera win. Atleast these days they do.

Edit - I actually scored it for Morales. Not sure why I said I scored it a draw Very close fight though, IMO.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-18-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
      Just scored Barrera-Morales II. I had it 115-115. Five rounds a piece and two even.
      I haven't watched that for a while, but I've always scored it clearly for Morales. Always had the opposite guy clearly winning for the first two fights of that trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I haven't watched that for a while, but I've always scored it clearly for Morales. Always had the opposite guy clearly winning for the first two fights of that trilogy.
        I thought Barrera won the first fight by a decent margin but I thought the second fight was the clearest of the 3, for Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Really? I had Morales winning that one clearly.

I did score the 3rd one a draw, though. And most seem to see it as a clear Barrera win. Atleast these days they do.

Edit - I actually scored it for Morales. Not sure why I said I scored it a draw Very close fight though, IMO.
          He definitely pushed the fight, but I didn't think he landed all that cleanly as Barerra was rolling with, or slipping, a lot of the punches and would occasionally pop Morales with something. Before I watched it, this most recent time, I remembered scoring it for Morales a few times. I could envisage watching the fight again in two months and having a different scorecard, there were very few decisive rounds in the entire series they fought, so it lends itself to that.

The most recent time I watched the 1st, which was around 2 months ago, I had it for Morales by a point, and the 3rd fight, which was a while ago, I had it even, as well.

But, again, I could watch all three this afternoon and come up with a different score as they're damn hard to judge.

Comment

Working...
          X