No announcement yet.

Casting punch gift request!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting punch gift request!?

There is a sambo way of punching that uses boxing mechanics to launch a punch thats alot like a back fist.

I once saw a guy on here who had a boxer (not a mma guy) knocking out another boxer with this punch!

He was a black southpaw, and he threw a rear hand left casting hook for the KO. He was below middle weight I think.

Anyway it was awesome, does anyone have it/know what I mean?

Also what do you think of the casting hook in boxing good idea or bad and why?

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

There is a sambo way of punching that uses boxing mechanics to launch a punch thats alot like a back fist.

I once saw a guy on here who had a boxer (not a mma guy) knocking out another boxer with this punch!

He was a black southpaw, and he threw a rear hand left casting hook for the KO. He was below middle weight I think.

Anyway it was awesome, does anyone have it/know what I mean?

Also what do you think of the casting hook in boxing good idea or bad and why?
    I think its a bad idea ,boxing with boxing gloves will be different mechanics using that technique,Fedor also usually transitioned into a clinch or throw using that punch.Arear hand casting hook may work because you can pivot the punch ,not so much a front one in boxing ,and i honestly dont think you get maximum power with these punches ,a good striker should be able to counter or block these type punches if they are familiar with them.

Ali actually used to do a casting like jab technique going backwards to catch guys chasing him .It was called the anchor punch a whipping snapping motion he would throw going backwards not forwards ,im not sure but i believe he learned the technique in a okinawan style Karate ,i know someone who knows that answer i will ask him later .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-12-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Its the same as the corkscrew punch Quillin was throwing yesterday

Comment

Heck, that even reminds me of the punch Sergio Martinez knocked Paul Williams out with.

Comment

Originally posted by HeThaTruth View Post
          Its the same as the corkscrew punch Quillin was throwing yesterday
          Yea, that's what I was gonna say. The first KD looked like that

Comment

Quillen won.

Comment

Working...
            X