Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Danny Garcia's resume so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an okay resume so far. It could have been a little better but he's young. I still think he beats Lucas or the Lamont winner though.

Comment

It's decent.

I think the main thing is in a lot of those fights he struggled or looked less than spectacular.

Morales 1, Judah and Holt he looked very less than stellar and struggled to a degree in all 3 of them.

He looked awful against Ashley Theophane and arguably lost the fight.

The only fight he's looked spectacular against a top fighter in is the Khan fight.

Comment

I think it is strong for a 25 year old fighter...fans want to rush fighters Career along now for what ever reason but I think Danny Garcia career is playing out perfectly so far and he is a fighter that shows improvement EVERY FIGHT!
        Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-14-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

according to cherrypicker, it's only missing a victory over berto

Comment

Anyone hating on his resume can s*ck a dick because he's not top 10 P4P according to ring magazine, yet Canelo and Broner are? His resume ****s all over those two clowns any day, so for his age he has some good wins. I mean FFS, people come on here and say he struggled and broner/canelo or any other hype job don't, and it's not because Danny is worse but because he faces LEGIT competition not Haymons personal driver(s.)

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It's decent.

I think the main thing is in a lot of those fights he struggled or looked less than spectacular.

Morales 1, Judah and Holt he looked very less than stellar and struggled to a degree in all 3 of them.

He looked awful against Ashley Theophane and arguably lost the fight.

The only fight he's looked spectacular against a top fighter in is the Khan fight.
              He's improved a ton which is a lot more than I can say about Berto or Amir Khan. That said I wouldn't pick him over Peterson, I do like his chances against Matthysse and would favor him there.

Comment

Good, higher p4p than Peterson. Hopefully he does fight Lucas OR Matthysse and doesn't go to 147 too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  He's improved a ton which is a lot more than I can say about Berto or Amir Khan. That said I wouldn't pick him over Peterson, I do like his chances against Matthysse and would favor him there.
                  Yeah, he certainly has improved since the Theophane fight.

He's looked a lot better in his last few fights although I wasn't overly impressed with his performance against Zab Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    Like Amir Khan exposed him?

Amir Khan was doing his chicken strut effectively in that fight, didn't have a pair of legs to stand on after Danny boy rocked your boys chin so hard.

Wow never seen this clip before this is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Yeah, he certainly has improved since the Theophane fight.

He's looked a lot better in his last few fights although I wasn't overly impressed with his performance against Zab Judah.
                      I was, he controlled distance well, made Judah take the initiative at times and countered him to death, showed many variations of his right hand, and at the time he "supposedly" only threw it wide. I think what's most impressive is how he can land counters after getting hit, devastating ones as well. I know the last 3 rounds Judah made a surprising comeback, but Garcia handled himself well, with a cut to boot.

It was a good idea to move him slowly, luckily for him Khan had his vulnerabilities as well, I think he'll do well but I hate his chances against Peterson stylistically, Peterson won't find it difficult to get inside and smother him.

Comment

Working...
                      X