Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many sit-ups a day to get a 6 pack??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diet will be the main factor, you need a low bf% to have them show. The truth is you already have a 6 pack but to show it off the fat needs to be off em. You can however build up the abs and tone them and they'll look better when you do lose the weight. Start running if your not already 3-5 miles every couple of days and train at your gym. Rosstraining.com has some great conditioning routines that rip the fat right off you, great for in between days of running or as a pseudo replacement if you hate running. I'll give you two routines I go through that are great and easily adjusted to your strength level.

this is the easier one, do 2-4 rounds with 1 minute rest in between, when you can do this with 30 seconds rest while maintaining a good pace go to the next routine: each exercise for 30 seconds...crunches, sit-ups, leg raises, chinnies, side jack-knifes (left), side jack-knifes (right)

#2...30 seconds each, 60 seconds rest between rounds, 2-4 rounds: high-tension crunches, tuck crunches, double crunches, chinnies, lying leg swings, supermen.

high tension crunches are just regular crunches but you stop at the hardest position and hold for 5 seconds.

BTW this is just a suggestion as to how you COULD get a six pack, hard work is the way to do it
    Last edited by Landon S; 10-08-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

You gotta do 6 situps, once every 6 days, at exactly 6 o'clock pm if you want six pack abs.

Honestly, though, there isn't really a definite answer. Obviously, the more you do, the better your chance will be of getting six-pack abs, but, like many have already said, you need to eat well to get your body fat percentage down, and you should vary up your ab exercises to see results.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
        This is not really for boxing but for the ladies

How many sit-ups a day to get a 6 pack. How long would it take? I am naturally a bit skinny so it should show no fat whatsoever on my stomach

One day I done 1000 sit up it hurt my abs for like a week but I saw results.
        For you, don't worry about the diet, but focus on weighted sit ups, crunches, side bends and stuff. There are heaps of different types that you can do but just mix it up. I can show you some if you want, just message me.

Comment

true in most cases but you can burn the fat by running. Depends on metabolism of individual too. Frog crunches are a good one to work every single part of the abs.

Do them just like that with the arms out but to increase the range in the bottom half put your feet together and have your knees spread apart.
          Last edited by Alexis Vastine; 10-09-2008, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Alexis showed some good ones. I reckon if you keep them up you'll be good, but chuck some weighted ones in there as well. And eat your meat you skinny ****.

Comment

i have a somewhat good sixpack, you can see it pretty good when i tense

i got it by doing crunches a few times a week, and plenty of running, as well as a decent diet

and i guess all my other boxing training like sparring, skipping, bagwork, etc may have helped a little

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
                Yeah about a 1000 a day is good. Do different types of stomach exercies. I do 400 sit ups, 400 crunches, and 400 leg crunches. can't be asked wi the twisting most of time but that is good stuff too. If you are already lean or if you run, it should conme out. IMO it is good for confidence in boxing because you feel you are in shape.
                You're such a dick. 1000 sit ups every day and after a few days he wouldn't be able to move.

For the thread starter, Just mainly watch what you eat and do plenty of crunches, running and swimming. They will appear eventually.

Comment

flawster.. **** the diet advice on here. you're too skinny as is, you just need to build muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                    You're such a dick. 1000 sit ups every day and after a few days he wouldn't be able to move.

For the thread starter, Just mainly watch what you eat and do plenty of crunches, running and swimming. They will appear eventually.
                    No they won't. You're the dick! And a demotivating bum. It's obvious that you don't start off at the top you build your way up. Just like everything else in fitness. I haven't seen anyone with abs who was not of the anorexic bodytype who would struggle to do 1000 per day. It's not even that much! Anyone who is athletic and has abs finds it easy to do alot of ab work. It's not a coincidence either. it is common sense!
                    Last edited by Alexis Vastine; 10-10-2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

as many as you can do to move you to the store so u can buy one

Comment

Working...
                      X