Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Ginger: Saul Canelo Alvarez OR George Groves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fooliun_Smaxon View Post
    George Groves hasn't had everything handed to him on a plate so I will have to go with him. He has fought true super-middleweights and some serious contenders, rather than blown up welters and the brothers of famous fighters.

Canelo vs Trout was a fix and a robbery. The fix was in from the start due to open scoring (translation: lesser known fixer needs a knock out to win). And don't get me started on the Canelo vs Angulo fight because I don't want to get banned again lol
    Hey, look at how many fights Canelo had before getting actual exposure.

He worked to get to this level. He doesn't have a silver spoon.

That's not fair to say.

If anything, Groves was way more touted turning pro.

Comment

Groves has beaten better opponents and has better skills.

DeGale>> Anyone Alvarez has beaten. Even though I thought that fight could have gone either way. But the same can be said about the Trout fight for Canelo.

Also, as far as future potential does anyone seriously believe Canelo is going to rule the 154 division, or even the 160 lb division?

I could name 10 fighters between both weight classes that could beat him. I mean he'll have to move up to 160 eventually and then who does he beat? GGG? Kid Chocolate? Sergio? These guys are all either the same size or bigger and hit harder than his previous opponents.

With Groves the only one he'll have to worry about is Andre Ward. Once Ward moves up he can rule that weight class.
      Last edited by Cuban Linx; 03-23-2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        Groves has beaten better opponents and has better skills.

DeGale>> Anyone Alvarez has beaten. Even though I thought that fight could have gone either way. But the same can be said about the Trout fight for Canelo.

Also, as far as future potential does anyone seriously believe Canelo is going to rule the 154 division, or even the 160 lb division?

I could name 10 fighters between both weight classes that could beat him. I mean he'll have to move up to 160 eventually and then who does he beat? GGG? Kid Chocolate? Sergio? These guys are all either the same size or bigger and hit harder than his previous opponents.

With Groves the only one he'll have to worry about is Andre Ward. Once Ward moves up he can rule that weight class.
        You just completely contradicted yourself in the fist sentence of that post.

Why not think about it and come up with an actual opinion and stick with it prior to writing?

Comment

I like groves more - therefore groves-

Comment

Canelo. Groves is about to get KTFO in his next fight.

Comment

Working...
            X