Collapse
No announcement yet.

No boxer could have beat Mike Tyson on the 22nd of November, 1986

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im one of Tyson's biggest fans. And well, its very hard to judge something like this, because fighters have bad nights and good nights. And when you're talking 2 great fighters fighting eachother at their best night, and they're from diffirent eras etc etc..it becomes complicated.
    Bottom line is..no fighter is invincible, they'll meet someone who can take advantage of their style eventually.

Dont be redicilous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77
      Tyson would have smashed Liston in 1 round. Gave Ali a boxing lesson, and forced the ref to the stop the fight when he's pulling off 8 punch combos on Big George.

No one beats a Pime "Iron" Mike Tyson.
      Tyson would have given Ali a boxing lesson?? What?? Are you actually serious?? Try to visualize that fight happening, and then try to visualize Tyson giving Ali a boxing lesson. I think Holyfield or Lewis in their prime beat Mike Tyson on any night of his career, but to suggest that he gives Ali a boxing lesson is just ridiculous. Also, there is no way he could beat Foreman, for the simple reason that Foreman was so strong that he would have been able to get Tyson backing up and Tyson doesn't know how to fight backing up. A swarming fighter like Tyson would never be able to beat a prime Foreman, look what happened to Frazier and Norton. But to suggest that Tyson gives Ali a boxing lesson is definately the most absurd thing that you said.

Comment

Tyson would have given Ali a boxing lesson?? What?? Are you actually serious?? Try to visualize that fight happening, and then try to visualize Tyson giving Ali a boxing lesson. I think Holyfield or Lewis in their prime beat Mike Tyson on any night of his career, but to suggest that he gives Ali a boxing lesson is just ridiculous. Also, there is no way he could beat Foreman, for the simple reason that Foreman was so strong that he would have been able to get Tyson backing up and Tyson doesn't know how to fight backing up. A swarming fighter like Tyson would never be able to beat a prime Foreman, look what happened to Frazier and Norton. But to suggest that Tyson gives Ali a boxing lesson is definately the most absurd thing that you said.
        I completely agree with you there man.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
          Sorry but that is not true. I can think of quite a few boxers who would have beat any version of Tyson.
          Prime Foreman, Ali and Liston would all have schooled him that night.

You can't take Tysons performance over a less than decent champ to make such an argument.

oh your wrong there. liston??? have u really even seen him fight. dude aint all that great to watch,foreman is to damn slow,and ali woulda got done up like tyson did tyrell biggs

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
            Oh, and Liston would **** Tyson up.

and u think this because???? liston is ****in slow u actually gotta be there to get hit and we all know that tyson's defense was superb. and tyson has been hit by big hitters before and he sill stood up

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6
              and u think this because???? liston is ****in slow u actually gotta be there to get hit and we all know that tyson's defense was superb. and tyson has been hit by big hitters before and he sill stood up
              Have you ever seen the Liston before Clay??...the one kicking ass and taking names in the late '50's?

and "Ali would get done up like Biggs"? Are you serious? Who ever...and I mean EVER stopped Ali?

No, don't think so. You've been hyptnotized.

Comment

Originally posted by :Bobby:
                Stop mentioning the post-prison fights as an indication for what prime Tyson was or would have done, please.

dont worry whenever talkin about a PRIME tyson they always refer to his days outta his prime.they only do it with tyson which is weird

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                  Have you ever seen the Liston before Clay??...the one kicking ass and taking names in the late '50's?

and "Ali would get done up like Biggs"? Are you serious? Who ever...and I mean EVER stopped Ali?

No, don't think so. You've been hyptnotized.

who ever and i mean ever has ali fought that had speed and power and defense like a prime tyson. please give me names

Comment

oh your wrong there. liston??? have u really even seen him fight. dude aint all that great to watch,foreman is to damn slow,and ali woulda got done up like tyson did tyrell biggs
                    Yeah I seen Liston in his prime, he is more intimidating than Tyson - he had an amazing jab, long reach, strength, power and size and would beat Tyson IMO.
                    Foreman wasn't that slow in his prime and besides, Tyson would be trying to get on the inside of Foreman and he would get crushed in the process. Foreman is too big and strong for someone like Tyson.
                    And if you compare Ali to tyrell biggs you got a problem.
                    Ali is faster than Tyson with a great reach, a great chin and is incredibly adaptable in the ring and has too much stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6
                      who ever and i mean ever has ali fought that had speed and power and defense like a prime tyson. please give me names
                      Power....Liston, Foreman, Lyle, and Shavers
                      Speed....Patterson was probably the most comparable.

But...Who has Tyson ever faced with the handspeed/footspeed combination of an Ali?

Answer..no one.

If Tyson had trouble with Tucker, and Douglas (Mike was still in his prime against Douglas as evidenced by his dominating performances over Stewart and Ruddock...too bad he wasn't in shape; but that's no excuse). If Douglas could do that to Tyson...Ali would have messed him up.

Also, Mike was proven to be a mentally fragile individual...that didn't just happen in prison. He was an orphaned kid who beat up old ladies and molested young girls...he was insecure and needed to dominte others to feel strong in himself.

Ali's mindgames would have messed him up before the bell rang.

Comment

Working...
                      X