No announcement yet.

Preparation for my first boxing match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
    Make sure you eat some energy before the fight A BIT, something with "sugar" = Carbohydrate like chocolate after the weight in

The way out to your anxiety and fear is to accept that your opponets feels EXACTLY the same, maybe he is asking same questions around. Do not strive to WIN, strive to PERFORM
    Originally posted by bugsybairan View Post
    Good luck bro! Would love to hear from your first fight experience after.
    Originally posted by Soju View Post
    Don't go eating refined sugars like a chocolate bar that's going to ****e your insulin and crash you later, as well as possibly upset your stomach if you've been eating clean. Have a banana, drink water and try to relax.
    Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    get alittle to eat after weighing-in and then drink 2 of those small V-8 bottles, it's all natural and will give you what you're looking for. But still essentially you will fight as you've trained.

sugar = quickly gassed............ Rockin'
    Originally posted by helloimanton View Post
    Don't over train! Over training will just mess you up! Prepare smart!
    Thanks for the replies! I will let you guys go how it went. My brother is going to film the fight. I will upload the video here!

Last question: what should I eat BEFORE the weigh in?

Thanks for all the help bro's, really helps me.

Comment

If you are worried about making weight, don't eat anything. You want the scale to show your dry body weight, not your body weight plus the weight of the food you ate. After weigh in, eat up. Proteins and fats are best if you have a while until you fight. Don't eat starchy carbs too early or you will get lethargic. When you are getting closer to the fight, feel free to eat some simple sugars, carbs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        To prep for a 3 rds. at 3 minute on 1 min off my boxers would run stretch out very well and jog about a half of a mile then run (as good pace as you can) 3 miles! They would run that 5 days in a row, the 6th day would be early morning spar (Sat am) with a later night run about 2 miles easy pace! Sunday is a day off other than some light mid-section work and very light shadowing!

Some of those runs would have some sprints built into them. Like using power line poles to sprint in between too then continue the run for about 10 of them then sprint between 1 or 2 it just depends on their didstance apart, about 80 yards works well! Theres also inclines (hills) gradual, short and steep for harder work.........theres alot of road work to consider and so many surfaces and lengths to use to build strength and endurance!!!
        To run your schedule isn't much work unless your a pre-teen but even my J.O. (junior olympic) ran what I've suggested. Especially if your entered in a tourney where you might box everyday or if your boxing once a week for 7 weeks in a row!
        Good luck, why isn't your trainer involved? Ray Corso
        gonna increase the amount I run myself now. Would you say skipping is a substitute? Also what time is a good for a 3 mile run?

Comment

You shouldn't Wat anything right before the fight. Eat something light, like a muesli bar or have some chocolate before hand. Have something in your stomach but not too much. Keep your self hydrated and you should be good to go! Best of luck

Comment

I won my match 3-0, unanimous decission! Man im so happy right now. I was really nervous first round, i let him come too much (he was shorter). Second round i scored some good points with my jab and right hand. Last round i was way better. My cpnditioning was much better, almost scored a knock down.

Great experience! Will post some pics tomorrow.

Comment

That's awesome! Congratulations, glad to hear your hard work paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyWeiTing View Post
                That's awesome! Congratulations, glad to hear your hard work paid off.
                Thanks bro!

Comment

I lost 16 kg in one year. Last year september my weight was 88 kg, yesterday I fought my first amateur match @ 72 kg. Will post a pic later.

Comment

Thanks!! Here some fighting pics.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X