No announcement yet.

playing with opponents gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing with opponents gloves

I see a lot of really good guys continously jabbing and hitting their oppoennts gloves to set something up and I was coming here to see if anyone had a trainer or if anyone does this? Playing with opponents hands to set up a better angle for another punch?

Also on this topic as southpaw a trainer told me to jab to their rear glove and then throw the 2. As this will cross them up and very effective. Didnt try it yet but its on the same concept as hitting the gloves to set something up. What do yous think of this?

LOL I love that southpaw tip thanks! A bit Risky tho perhaps!? What if you miss? Do you eat a right hand?

Heres one for you see what the others think... With the lead hand throw a fast but pushy jab that forces their lead arm across their body and pushes them back, they wont be able to fire back due to being off balancedand it sets up a left cross to the face nicely. Maybe rishy if it fails and u miss and u have your arm out there too long and get countered but a simlar strat.

I know mike tyson used to punch the opponents bicep, and ive seen talented fighters bat the arms of their opponet out the way with a long lead hook etc

One strat you cant go too far wrong with is the x2 jab cross, the first jab bats their glove out the way the second jabs them in the face and offbalances them then the cross knockes them out hopefully.
    Last edited by AlexKid; 03-14-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      LOL I love that southpaw tip thanks! A bit Risky tho perhaps!? What if you miss? Do you eat a right hand?

Heres one for you see what the others think... With the lead hand throw a fast but pushy jab that forces their lead arm across their body and pushes them back, they wont be able to fire back due to being off balancedand it sets up a left cross to the face nicely. Maybe rishy if it fails and u miss and u have your arm out there too long and get countered but a simlar strat.

Ive never tried that one! ha but that's why Im coming here, I can see jabbing to the rear could leave you vulnerable to their lead hook perhaps?

And have you ever tried the one you mentioned? By a pushy jab to their glove to push them back and off balance them, I can visualize it and it may work. Let me know

Comment

Watch the second round of DeLaHoya vs Ruelas. DLH feints to get Ruelas to drop his right hand, then left hooks the ruelas right hand out of the way and lands a straight right for a knockdown.
        A lot of that goes on. For example, fighting in close, you pull his left down and land the right.

Comment

Working...
        X