1941 Billy Conn vs 1916 Jess Willard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 Billy Conn vs 1916 Jess Willard

Who wins & how?
    Last edited by Perfect Plex; 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM.

Originally posted by Canzoneri View Post
    Who wins & how?
    i think conn is fast enough to stay away from Willard and outbox him but if willard catches him good, its all over.

Comment

Willard couldn't even find the same ring as Conn, who dances the shuffler to death.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Willard couldn't even find the same ring as Conn, who dances the shuffler to death.
        It's hard to believe that Willard would land anything solid on Conn. It would be like a lightweight Mayweather taking on a Middleweight Gatti. There wouldn't be a KO but Willard would miss bad all night and Conn would hit Willard at will.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          i think conn is fast enough to stay away from Willard and outbox him but if willard catches him good, its all over.
          And I don't know about that, Conn took some good shots from Louis. Willard isn't even in Louis' ballpark power-wise.

Comment

And I don't know about that, Conn took some good shots from Louis. Willard isn't even in Louis' ballpark power-wise.
            I agree completely but the Willard from the Jack Johnson fight was very intensely determined. Think Douglas/Tyson. Willard was in very good shape and would not be denied. I would bet on Conn but I wouldn't be surprised if Willard managed to pull off the (unlikely) upset. At least I think so anyway.

I say 60-40 or 65-35 in conns Favor

Comment

I'm with the majority here. Conn boxes Willard's ears off.

Comment

you can run but you cant hide.

willard takes this, either a clean right straight or a right uppercut.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 01-04-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

That's a very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Canzoneri View Post
                    Who wins & how?
                    Conn. And pretty easily too.

Comment

Working...
                    X