Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, i hear the same

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
      I believe one of the differences is the amount of time spend shadowboxing. From what i've heard, the cuban system puts much more significance on shadowboxing than other programs. This is just what i've heard though, so take it for a grain of salt.
      you are spot on. most cubans shadowbox atleast 20 rounds a day.

Comment

I got to train in Cuba and what people are saying about shadowboxing is 100% true. I made a video explaining what I learned from their system of shadowboxing, check it out here: www.BlackBeltPsychology.com/free-demo-video

It is a detailed 17 minute video, enjoy.

Comment

Cool, does Carlos Miranda speak english?

Comment

As the guys have said shadowboxing is a big part off their training.There was a poster on here who i believe grew up in Cuba and boxed in the amateur system haven't seen him post in a while which is a shame because he had alot off knowledge.Cant remember his username but if you could find it you could go through his posts

Comment

Hi, i know him. Yes he have good posts. Anyone have other info?

Comment

" Cool, does Carlos Miranda speak english?"

Unfortunately no. However, we took a few strictly English speakers and he didn't have a problem getting the ideas across. Fighting is definitely an international language

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                  As the guys have said shadowboxing is a big part off their training.There was a poster on here who i believe grew up in Cuba and boxed in the amateur system haven't seen him post in a while which is a shame because he had alot off knowledge.Cant remember his username but if you could find it you could go through his posts
                  Thank you my friend you honor me with your words, and your country is beautiful. I have never seen so many beautiful red headed mujeres in my life and i went to the Guinness Storehouse (unfortunately the Guinness did terrible things to my stomach) and i also bought some Waterford crystal. What a lovely country you have.
                  Cheers Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Marcos Avellan View Post
                    " Cool, does Carlos Miranda speak english?"

Unfortunately no. However, we took a few strictly English speakers and he didn't have a problem getting the ideas across. Fighting is definitely an international language
                    as above, but i can add to that - there are a few cuban guys that he has work with him sometimes who can speak english, and often there is a foreigner training that can speak english - there was me for a whole year a bit back...

Comment

the cuban school of boxing does definitely place a greater emphasis on shadow boxing than is the case in gyms in other countries - people think i'm daft how much shadow boxing i like to do back in england, but it works well.

just shadow boxing is not enough though - the cubans built upon the soviet system and their sport science and made the technical and tactical elements of boxing a scientifically rationalised programme with a solid methodology with strong foundations in pedagogical science and psychology. the individual coaches and gyms are part of an overarching "cuban school" and share information and ideas at the national boxing commission - the ideas spread throughout the gyms of the island and develop in their own way. fierce competition drives each coach and gym/team to develop further and in its own way.
                      general culture influences the sport more heavily in cuba than in most places (music and the infamous natural sense of rhythm that the cubans have for example) and the diverse culture in cuba gives variety across the island, with a shared set of core principles.

do they boll*cks train much like the USA etc. not in the slightest

Comment

Working...
                      X