No announcement yet.

Gonna Beat This Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna Beat This Thing

Hey, I'm new here. My name's Joe. I'm 35, 5'9", 185 lbs, used to bodybuild, fenced saber in college. Signed up for boxing lessons to get over an irrational fear of being hit in the face. I played football & soccer in high school, was never afraid of the ball, never afraid of contact -- I just freeze when someone actually throws a punch at me, and I got my nose broken for it a couple of years ago. That's no way for a grown man to be, IMO. (Yes, it took me two years to work up the guts to do this.)

My first lesson was the best workout I've ever had -- 60 minute warmup and 30 minutes of punching. And I loved it. I'm signing up for six months of lessons, 3-4 times a week. I hope to drop a good 20-25 lbs. in the process, and get acclimated to being hit -- it'd be nice to reflexively slip the punch if anyone ever swings at me again. (And it'd be really nice to reflexively slip the punch and then knock his teeth across the room.)

I'm logging in mostly to use the search function and to browse the Training & Nutrition forum. I'll use the Search before I ask any questions, I promise.

Cheers, all!

You really seem like a decent guy, which means you probably won't be here for long.

Comment

Welcome Joe!

Comment

Welcome to BoxingScene Joe..

This is a good site for boxing. I would say it is better for discussing current boxing rather than actual boxing training, but still we have a pretty decent training section....

Other good sites include:
        - Ross Boxing dot com.
        - Sky Sports (for up to date news on fights)
        - Max Boxing... (but you have to pay)...

Comment

hey man whats up, another site if you haven't found out yet that has a lot relating to boxing training is:
          www.rossboxing.com

Well, I just realized I reposted the exact same site as exig3 so my bad. Just have to pay attention next time.
          Last edited by tebe6sm; 01-22-2006, 02:42 AM.

Comment

It's cool. Just checked the Ross site out. Looks like that's more my speed. For now, anyway. I'll still be prowling these boards. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X