Nike Machomai shoes (Question)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump...........

Comment

Well they don't deliver to Canada any more, period.

They gave me this contact number for in Canada, 1 800-663-6453 to check for availability of items. It is only available 8:30-4:30 EST so haven't yet, but will tomorrow. If you call..this is the item number 321819-611.

The thing that is a bit confusing, is that I like the open face I think as opposed to the zippered front...but for some reason like the beige bottom. I am not sure of the differences there, as they seem to contradict each other.

Will prob. just go with the title sold older version, but will let you know what I find when I get a chance.
      Last edited by TheTruthIs; 12-08-2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

i got the title machomais mids and they have held up over the past 6 months. actually, they are still in good condition and i even run in them on asphalt when we do sprints. yeah true the lacing system is pretty whack but nothing has showed me any signs of it snapping or loosening. the shoe still looks new, and doesn't stink up from sweat. the bottom of the shoe is getting worn out from all the pivoting at the front part of the shoe, its also from the running but i was skeptical at first & actually it took a lil to get used to, but i love them now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
          Well they don't deliver to Canada any more, period.

They gave me this contact number for in Canada, 1 800-663-6453 to check for availability of items. It is only available 8:30-4:30 EST so haven't yet, but will tomorrow. If you call..this is the item number 321819-611.

The thing that is a bit confusing, is that I like the open face I think as opposed to the zippered front...but for some reason like the beige bottom. I am not sure of the differences there, as they seem to contradict each other.

Will prob. just go with the title sold older version, but will let you know what I find when I get a chance.
          I personally like the 'newer' version of the nike machomais.... the zipper doesn't bother me ahah. but yeah, the red and yellow beige accent looks really nice.

I'll give them a call tmrrw

Comment

Are you fighting in these or just training?

If you're training, I'd suggest you buy something cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Noy View Post
              Are you fighting in these or just training?

If you're training, I'd suggest you buy something cheaper.
              training.. yeah thats a good idea.. i might put these on hold..

I might get cheap wrestlign shoes (not sure if these are good for boxing)...I know Zab Judah uses Asics Fuertes'....they're wrestling shoes.

I might get some Rhindo Side Sweep http://www.matmonster.com/detail.aspx?ID=23339

at footlocker...for like $50... where I live..no stores sell any boxing shoes or gear...if they do....it's overpriced

Comment

if you're planning on fighting, might as well buy them now and get used to them in training anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by d_lyrik803 View Post
                  if you're planning on fighting, might as well buy them now and get used to them in training anyways.
                  yea...i plan on fighting...is it really necessary to own seperate shoes for training/fighting?

Does it make that much of a difference? I'd rather pay good $$$ for shoes that'll last me...than some crappy shoes....but ..i wouldn't mind owning two pairs of shoes..

Comment

personally, i had to wear in the machomai's i own to actually feel comfortable in them. i dont think its necessary to have two shoes... cuz you're going to be in one shoe most of the time in training so you're getting used to that then you hop on a shoe you only use for fights... some ppl probably disagree with me but i rather train and fight in the same shoes i've been using. i think its all about preference tho.

sounds like you're tight on money too so i would just get one pair and stick with it. a good pair too....

Comment

Originally posted by d_lyrik803 View Post
                      personally, i had to wear in the machomai's i own to actually feel comfortable in them. i dont think its necessary to have two shoes... cuz you're going to be in one shoe most of the time in training so you're getting used to that then you hop on a shoe you only use for fights... some ppl probably disagree with me but i rather train and fight in the same shoes i've been using. i think its all about preference tho.
                      Yeah...this makes sense...thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X