No announcement yet.

bruises in arms after sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruises in arms after sparring

Hello, I was at boxing today, I went for sparring today, it was body sparring, I was good, I kept my jab and tried to avoid the punches, I got punched in the elbow, my whole arm was vibrating and in pain, I kept sparring though, I tried to avoid getting punched in the arm though, I kept moving etc. I came home, I have some swelling, I applied ice and will continue to do so, is there anything else I can do, my arm is killing me

Originally posted by AHussain123 View Post
    Hello, I was at boxing today, I went for sparring today, it was body sparring, I was good, I kept my jab and tried to avoid the punches, I got punched in the elbow, my whole arm was vibrating and in pain, I kept sparring though, I tried to avoid getting punched in the arm though, I kept moving etc. I came home, I have some swelling, I applied ice and will continue to do so, is there anything else I can do, my arm is killing me
    Motrin/Ibuprofen always helps. Also dont make the mistake of not moving your arms unless you are in extreme pain but if you are go see a Dr. but dont avoid moving your arms because thatll tighten you up, stretch them out as much as you can tolerate. A muscle rub may help too!

Another suggestion when you do go body sparring next time, its good that you were taking them to the arms but try and turn with the punch more to take off impact. Your body will also harden the more you get hit but take away as much damage as you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Motrin/Ibuprofen always helps. Also dont make the mistake of not moving your arms unless you are in extreme pain but if you are go see a Dr. but dont avoid moving your arms because thatll tighten you up, stretch them out as much as you can tolerate. A muscle rub may help too!

Another suggestion when you do go body sparring next time, its good that you were taking them to the arms but try and turn with the punch more to take off impact. Your body will also harden the more you get hit but take away as much damage as you can...
      I took some ibprufen, iv been icing as well, I am trying to keep arm moving and not keep it still, I also will apply oil before I go to sleep, When I was body sparring I kept moving my arms so the punches were not being absorbed on one side, I was getting punched on both arms, when I body sparred last time, I made the mistake of not moving my arms whilst getting punched the outcome was far worse, I can go more rounds my conditioining has improved my arm was in to much pain.

Comment

I took some ibprufen, iv been icing as well, I am trying to keep arm moving and not keep it still, I also will apply oil before I go to sleep, When I was body sparring I kept moving my arms so the punches were not being absorbed on one side, I was getting punched on both arms, when I body sparred last time, I made the mistake of not moving my arms whilst getting punched the outcome was far worse, I can go more rounds my conditioining has improved my arm was in to much pain.
        You may want to go see a Doc than brother. Of course you know your body but it sounds like this time is a lil different this time around, you may have caused some serious damage or not. Either way it might put your mind at ease at the least to hear a Dr tell you you will be fine in a week or two. An MRI will tell all also and only Dr's can order those. Regardless bro I pray all is well with you and hope you get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          You may want to go see a Doc than brother. Of course you know your body but it sounds like this time is a lil different this time around, you may have caused some serious damage or not. Either way it might put your mind at ease at the least to hear a Dr tell you you will be fine in a week or two. An MRI will tell all also and only Dr's can order those. Regardless bro I pray all is well with you and hope you get well soon!
          It has been getting better thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.this time it was better because I kept moving my arms, I think its just swelling because he hit the tricep part of my arm, my arm shook and vibrated it was sore lol, I continued on though,thank you I will be back in boxing in tuesday, i might spar if my arm is not sore, I hope.

Comment

tell your sparring partner to take off the bag gloves and to put on some true sparring gloves. you do the same........

Comment

Working...
            X