Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Sergey Kovalev Reacts To Sexism Claim By Claressa Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
    Asshole's who can't spell unnecessary shouldn't be allowed opinions.

Seems completely unnecessary.
    Well I agree with your sentiment, but erm... no apostrophe. Just saying. I wouldn't have mentioned it since I wholeheartedly agree with women's boxing, but if you're gonna pull someone on their spelling, you might want to make sure your grammar's correct.

Comment

Many cultures don't approve of women boxing. Personally I don't like it all but I wouldn't do anything to infringe on their rights.
      To each his/her own as long as it doesn't effect my rights.
      Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Very articulate and thoughtful responses for Kovalev despite his lack of english. That was surprising to see. Raheem is a social justice warrior but Kovalev put him in his place. Obviously men and women should both be able to do what makes them happy but Kovalev has a point that women have softer skin and less muscle mass etc and weren't build to withstand boxing physically as well as men. But people should be able to do what makes them happy if they're not taking advantage of others.

It's just from a scientific perspective, if you're asking what were women naturally created to do better, be mothers, or be boxers, the answer is obviously be mothers. I think Sergey is just trying to ground people back to that truth even if it's politically incorrect in the west today. Understand that women biologically are more meant to be mothers than boxers, and that boxing is more of an eye-raising thing, but that they can do that as well if they like. This is contrasted to Radio Raheem and social justice warriors who want to act like women biologically were meant to box and fight, and that this should be the totally normal thing, while mentioning that women's biologically is geared around being mothers should be seen as a weird, sexist thing to say.

Sergey is just turning things back around to normal, saying the more normal thing for women to do, in line with biology, is to be mothers, not boxers. That doesn't mean he's saying he wants to outlaw women boxing, or that women boxers can't also be mothers for that matter. He is just saying people can do whatever they want, including things that aren't as natural for them biologically speaking, but let's still keep things in perspective of what the science is, and what the actual reality is, instead of just being super politically correct.
        Yeah man I fully agree. I like Radio Raheem but he got on my nerves in this interview. And fuck this world where everybody is offended by anything so you can't express your opinion no more. Especially those feminazis who I can't stand.

One important thing I want to say on this topic is:
        Imagine a tribe in the age of stone, where let's say the females wanted to hunt because they liked it better than taking care of children, so imagine them switching their roles with males. Do you think that tribe would survive?

That's what's Kovalev is saying. Fuck them if they are offended.
        That's the truth. That's biology. So if they are offended by the truth, if they are offended by the rules of biology, it's their problem. I guess we have to lie to keep them happy. I'm all for freedom and equality but these lunatics are getting on my nerves trying to portray the picture that suits their agenda. Children today have less father figures and healty role models than ever before. I would have no problems at all watching females boxing and I would support it if they were showing the same skill level as male boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
          Asshole's who can't spell unnecessary shouldn't be allowed opinions.

Seems completely unnecessary.
          Assholes who place an apostrophe before the "s" in a plural noun shouldn't be pedantic about other people's spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Also Radio Raheem stop trying to impose your culture on other people! I almost got an air of xenophobic arrogance from the way you kept asking the questions, pressuring Sergey to adopt your perspective, as if you automatically assumed your western values were superior to his eastern values. You should respect other people's cultures! Unless they are trying to hurt you, or damage your culture, then you should respect their culture! Sergey isn't trying to impose his culture on you, so why are you trying to impose yours on his? That's just arrogant. You were almost laughing at him and sneering down at him throughout the whole interview. That's not professional and like I said maybe I'm wrong, it's just my opinion, but it felt almost xenophobic to my subjective perspective watching the interview.
            Mos def. I would green k you for this if I hadn't already spent my karma today. Yeah I mean WTF? Sergey never said that they shouldn't be allowed to box or anything like that, it would be crazy anyways! He just expressed his personnal opinion that it's uncomfortable for him to watch the girls fight, but Radio Raheem is trying to make him change his mind! It's foul
            Last edited by StefanTosic; 09-17-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

hey claressa, like we say down here, anda lavar los platos (go do the dishes)

Comment

clarissa shields would not pass a gender examination. That is not a woman it was clearly born with some kind of chemical abnormality

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  clarissa shields would not pass a gender examination. That is not a woman it was clearly born with some kind of chemical abnormality
                  Black women are almost like men

Comment

SHe has the hots for Kovalev. I can tell by her body language, poor girl was wetter than an otters pouch

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingExpress View Post
                      Black women are almost like men
                      I'm not even cracking some racial joke. This chick literally looks like a tranny with huge upper body competing in the women's division. "She" looks like she would whoop Jermain Taylor.

Last edited by ////; 09-17-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X