No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's punching technique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder's punching technique

Is it just me or does he not punch properly? Punches like a novice, technique wise.

nah he's reinventing boxing.

Comment

He telegraphs everything! Deontay Windmiller!

Comment

Correct, but they have an unbelievable amount of power behind them.

Comment

The right hand was good, then he started swinging so wildly that I thought he was going to also knock the referee out as well as the judges and all of the fans in attendance. If he swings like that at the top level, he's going to get tired and his stamina will fail him early. Let's keep in mind the longest he's ever gone has been 4 rounds.

However, the guys' power, height and reach is enormous.

Comment

If he doesn't punch properly you should let him punch you in the face.

Comment

Obviously the power is there, he gets drilled by anyone half decent IMO. Straight right hand straight down the pipe.

Comment

The right hand that started it all was a good shot.

He might have got a little excited after that, lol.

Comment

I think it was dan_cov who pointed out...

Wilder's barrage on Harrison = Zelenoff's on Floyd Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                    Is it just me or does he not punch properly? Punches like a novice, technique wise.

when he's paying attention he's punching with technique, but he was 100% flailing when he had harrison hurt this afternoon.

the first right hand was a boxing move. call it a right hand, i guess. there was a left hook in the midst of the flailing as well .

wilder's right hand is less of a sharp punch than it is a flying nuckle sandwic.

he's a young, strong, big, hard punching kid. he's a poor man's jermain taylor with a HW sized right hand bomb. ch1nks in the armor. lotta armor, doe.

Comment

Working...
                    X