No announcement yet.

How good was Gerald McClellan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good was Gerald McClellan?

I've heard a lot of things about him and watched his fights but of course he was before my time. He bey Roy Jones Jr in the amateurs, had crazy speed and power. Julian Jackson fght was great, excluding all the stuff outside of boxing, how good was he and how would he have done today. GGG vs G-man, imagine what a barnburner that would be.

One of the best, most dangerous fighters I have personally ever seen.

Comment

Great amateur career, looked sensational, had extremely weak resume. Only 3 significant wins against Jackson (2x), and an old Mugabi. So it's hard to say how good he really was. His attitude was self-destructive, and after he left Steward his training habits became increasingly poor and he relied more and more on his power. Don King was also to blame with the match making and activity. King cashed him out vs Benn, first fight from MW vs established fighter in the UK.

Comment

Had potential to be great.

Abit limited but decent all round with ridiculous power and chin.

Comment

He was a scum bag who used to feed dogs as bait to his fighting dogs. He deserved everything he got against Benn. Karma at it's sweetest. He was fed to Benn the same way the dogs we're fed to his dog.

Comment

Originally posted by babynuts View Post
            He was a scum bag who used to feed dogs as bait to his fighting dogs. He deserved everything he got against Benn. Karma at it's sweetest. He was fed to Benn the same way the dogs we're fed to his dog.
            He was talking about him as a boxer. Take your sensitive behind out of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by babynuts View Post
              Agree, he was an absolute ****.

What happened to him after the Benn fight was right and just. I'm glad he's now a boggle eyed raspberry.

Comment

Let me remind everyone, I specifically said said exclude everything outside the ring. This is purely boxing talk, couldn't care less what he did outside tenrng in this partiular discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
                  Let me remind everyone, I specifically said said exclude everything outside the ring. This is purely boxing talk, couldn't care less what he did outside tenrng in this partiular discussion.
                  Thats like praising Hitler because he liked to paint. You're just about the most stupid ignorant **** i've seen on NSB and if you were in front of me i'm kick your f88cking stupid **** head in.

You're a massive wallychops **** face, go suck on yo mommas balls.

Comment

Basically he's what Chavez Jr. fails to even execute correctly. He drained himself down more than a play-pool in the Sahara.

Very good potential, MASSIVE power, crazy good chin, but lacked real discipline and made stupid choices in terms of training. The idiot basically trained himself and did his own hand wrapping for the Benn fight since his "trainer" was completely ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X