Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Dmitry Pirog get

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he beats Martinez right now and Paul would be an interesting fight to watch but Pirog takes it. he is ready IMO

Comment

Of course. There is no one more deserving in the division. Despite the fact that he's not been on the scene long, he should be considered the unofficial number 1 contender, with Pavlik possibly moving up (and without an impressive recent win) and Sturm having done little of note in some time. Golovkin could be something special but he's a step behind Pirog in the pro ranks, despite his great amateur pedigree. I don't know much about Sylvester *shrugs*

The only exception is if PW-SM is another great fight where the loser deserves a rematch. If Sergio wins by split decision in a FOTY then a third fight would be the priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Of course. There is no one more deserving in the division. Despite the fact that he's not been on the scene long, he should be considered the unofficial number 1 contender, with Pavlik possibly moving up (and without an impressive recent win) and Sturm having done little of note in some time. Golovkin could be something special but he's a step behind Pirog in the pro ranks, despite his great amateur pedigree. I don't know much about Sylvester *shrugs*

The only exception is if PW-SM is another great fight where the loser deserves a rematch. If Sergio wins by split decision in a FOTY then a third fight would be the priority.

true he is the best in that division for sure

Comment

Pirog and Golovkin should fight each other, Sturm and Pavlik should fight each other (or a mix of the 4), and one winner should fight the winner of Martinez-Williams II and the other, the guy that's keeping a belt warm.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            Pirog and Golovkin should fight each other, Sturm and Pavlik should fight each other (or a mix of the 4), and one winner should fight the winner of Martinez-Williams II and the other, the guy that's keeping a belt warm.

Pirug vs Sturm should be next I think Pavlik is done at MW tho

Comment

I vote too soon on the imaginary poll

BTW I was watching the Jacobs fight early today and Jacobs deserved to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                I vote too soon on the imaginary poll

BTW I was watching the Jacobs fight early today and Jacobs deserved to continue.
                in other words, he deserved to be sent to the hospital which his exactly where he wouldve ended up. if you want to continue, dont act like ur dead on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Pirug vs Sturm should be next I think Pavlik is done at MW tho
                  Pavlik and Top Rank have stated they are going to stay at 160, which is why his next fight is at 164. I can see Sturm and his team wanting to take advantage of that and fighting Pavlik next. Either that or Golovkin gets what he wants and fights Sturm. Pirog would be the last option, since he's probably the least known to the German audience.

Golovkin will probably fight whoever wins from the N'jikam fight and I'm not sure what Pirog will do, but I can see him fighting his best available option, whoever that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    Pavlik and Top Rank have stated they are going to stay at 160, which is why his next fight is at 164. I can see Sturm and his team wanting to take advantage of that and fighting Pavlik next. Either that or Golovkin gets what he wants and fights Sturm. Pirog would be the last option, since he's probably the least known to the German audience.

Golovkin will probably fight whoever wins from the N'jikam fight and I'm not sure what Pirog will do, but I can see him fighting his best available option, whoever that will be.
                    gennady martirosyan (no relation to vanes) is his mandatory.
                    he might have to defend his belt in someone else's backyard (and not in america), like vs macklin in the UK or one of the aussie middles in australia.

one fight i wouldnt mind seeing but i dunno where it would be held is pirog/karmazin.

Comment

Why not? I think he can hang...he's got decent pop and good movement...he can also take a punch...the guy has a tricky style and he's entertaining to watch...

Comment

Working...
                      X