Collapse
No announcement yet.

critique my padwork ;)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That could be a bad addiction for later battles , if you do, your making a minor defect of toss low blows where, someone could capture over top of them. also carry shoulder area up to secure your chin area.

Comment

thanks for the excellent feedback guys (green K's coming) I see I have a lot to work on will post another vid when I've implemented your advice. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
        hi guys,
        done a basic padwork at my friends house (just 1-2's) sort of a cardio work out. Just wondering what you guys think...go easy im a beginnner! ;P

Nice hand speed my man! I'm not a pro, or even really as good as you prolly, but just one thing is maybe try to implement some hooks, and uppercuts into your combinations. And maybe turn your hips through that straight a little more, and sit down on the jab more. And jsut remember to snap your hands back as fast as you shoot them out (looked like you were doing for the most part). I just know sometimes it's easy to get into a bad habit of leaving your punches out there, or not properly bringing them back as fast, and as tight.

I saw you did work some defensive movements in as well, but maybe just implement the head movement, and side-stepping/lateral movement more.

Like I said, you got some nice hands on ya man, and looks real good.
        Last edited by UglyPug; 10-09-2012, 07:52 AM.

Comment

It's elementary my dear Watson..........Rockin'

Comment

Your "rowing" your jab back when you finish it, very bad habit! Your friend is missing that so tell him to pop your rightside (head) if your right hand doesn't return properly. Your only working speed when you need ALL of your techniques involved don't forget your shoulders, hips and feet when punching in combination or you'll never develop your potential in the power department. How you punch a heavy bag is how you shouyls always punch. Boxers today use pads as a speed exercise only when it should be posture, movements, combinations, defense (slipping under, parring the mitt and working off). Lots to learn but the point I'm making to you is don't do things differently from the mitts to the heavy or while sparring. You need to imploy your style and techniques in EVERYTHING you do! Consistency is something to strive for as you learn in training!! Excentuate the positive and eliminate the negative! Keep your chin down and look out of the "tops" of your eyes!!
            Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X