Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell’s Manager Talks Title Shot, Klitschkos, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell’s Manager Talks Title Shot, Klitschkos, More

A lot can change in a year.

Right now Seth Mitchell is a heavyweight prospect getting set for his second appearance on HBO, an April 28 bout against Chazz Witherspoon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

id expect seth to whip arreolas butt, as arreola, is a journeyman, who cant beat a top 15-20 heavyweight

Comment

This fight should not be on HBO. Period. Witherspoon got destroyed the ONLY 2 times he stepped up and never posted a significant win. Another one-sided whitewash on HBO.

Comment

Even though this fight is unlikely to be competitive, I don't think Mitchell deserves criticism for taking it. He's still developing and it's not a bad fight for the level he's at.

But I think HBO should push for someone like Helenius or Chisora next time out. I get that they are probably hoping to build Mitchell's popularity up so that they can get good ratings when/if he faces a Klitschko, but when they did the same thing with Arreola he basically fought non-challenging opposition every step of the way and never actually faced a top contender.

Comment

Seth Mitchell....I don't get the hype, he isn't that good. If he ever does fight a Klitschko, you'll see that.

Comment

Seth has good power and his football pedigree gives him toughness. That being said, Seth gets hit too much. I don't know why these up and coming heavyweights, that actually have potential to beat the klits, don't hire world class trainers. Seth in his current state will get crushed by wlad. But he is a work in progress.

Comment

Seth is strong and athletic, he just needs to keep developing his boxing skill set. Perfecting his head movement should be a priority. (a few sessions with the Mayweathers wouldn't hurt.)

No need to rush....he should take his time and get a little bit better each time out.

Comment

Im a huge seth fan but he has a long way to go to hang with either k bro. He needa smash any of those cruiseweights turned heavy

Comment

If the promoters knew how to market a fight between klit and seth, they should have wlad grow a beard and cut a mohawk and have seth wear denim shorts and it can be billed as a real life zangief vs balrog.

Comment

Chazz Witherspoon has a college degree in pharmaceutical marketing? I guess that makes him a fully qualified drug dealer. And the joke will be on Chazz again in the ring because even though he's a game and capable type of fighter he's going to get badly stoned by Mitchell.

Comment

Working...
                    X