Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a problem.. Serious answers and thoughts please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForemanCrossArm View Post
    Think about it like this. 13 more pounds. 10 of which would be muscle, or so anyways. That's asking someone who is already fit to add another 10 pounds of muscle. that's hard.
    well if it were easy, it wouldnt be boxing...

if ur fit, adding muscle should be relatively easy i think. i mean not easy, but far from too hard...

but if u look at his body type (not to sound gay) he can add the muscle and carry the weight well IMO, cuz he trains like a beast...

Comment

Sweat suite and eat little till the weigh in, its the only way if you've got a fight on saturday, its the sad truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
        I fight on Saturday for a BELT...

My usual weight is 165 .. but I just got off the scale and I'm 172.2.

I don't really check my weight ever so this comes as a surprise to me.. since i've changed nothing in my diet at all...

trainer wants me to move to 178 for tournaments.. I wanna go back down to 165.

The fight on saturday is catch weight of 10 pounds.. so its 10 above or below. So 165 is not a must but thats been my weight to fight at forever since I got in good shape.

What do some of you guys think about me going to 178? or should i just go back to 165.. which I really didn't even realize i left to be serious. I feel so irresponsible being so close to the fight.
        I say cut to 165 for this fight since you are comfortable there and consider moving up. You are probably putting some muscle weight on. Or if you are lucky might just be liquid. But being so soon I don't think you should go up til you see how you move and what type of stanima you have at 178

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
          How tall are you? There are pro's and con's whatever weight you decide to fight at.
          Figure out your strengths, and base your decision on that. If you're a banger who only focus on overpowering your opponents, you'll be better off staying at '65.
          But if you're somewhat quick and skillfull, have a go at the heavier guys; they'll be slower and easier to outbox, if you're not a midget that is...
          The whole heavier guys are slower thing is generally NOT a factor, going from one weight to another. Obviously there's a difference between a supermiddleweight and a strawweight, but one division is not noticeable. Power and strength? Those you'll notice!

Comment

Well After Training today I made 168.2

So I think I can make 165 or lower by saturday at 11AM because Its defiinitely going to be CATCH weight.

Thanx for all the help... it helped me during training.

Comment

Working...
            X