Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: No Need To Face Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Undisputed matters way more than being Lineal in this case because many people think kovalev is the best in the division.

When Hopkins beat Tarver, Zsolt Erdei was the lineal champ but Tarver was the universally recognised number 1....

I want bhop to retire after outboxing Stevenson. He doesnt need to fight anybody else. If saying the wbo belt doesnt matter in his mind then fair enough - whatever makes him feel better. But he has a point, the other sanctioning bodies only started recognising wbo in february 2007. When he held the Unidsiputed crown at middleweight, you didnt need the WBO belt to be officially Unidisputed.
    Last edited by jas; 04-21-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

HBO and Showtime also need to come to an agreement, it's not good enough with everyone blaming fighters for putting up roadblocks or everyone expecting fighters to give in on something when companies like HBO or Showtime would not do the same thing with each other.

Comment

No Thanks to OSCAR?

after this article and after hopkins fight on sat night... i have to admit... there is definetly a rift in Golden Boy with the OWNER/PRESIDENT Oscar De La Hoya... y do none of the fighters as you can see by bhop do not thank HELLO THE OWNER OF YOUR PROMOTIONAL COMPANY Oscar but they sure do thank Al Haymon and Richard Schaeffer? I do not understand from the fighters perpective y u not bigN up the BOSS which is Oscar....

Comment

Kovalev is the one who would beat him, so it's worked out really well for B-Hop. Who said network wars are bad for the fighters?

Comment

"Im loyal to showtime, im loyal to schaefer, im loyal to al haymon" why dont you try being loyal to boxing. Fücking whore.

Comment

I dig B-Hop but this 'Showtime Family" mentality sounds more like mafia jive everyday and is truly lousy for the sport.

When Floyd 'Gotti' Mayweather departs, there will be a huge freakin' sitdown and peace will finally be made between the two battling families.

Comment

How did Kovalev and Golovkin all of a sudden become THE BEST in their divisions without actually beating the best or lineal champ of their divisions?

-Ishida? Macklin? Ouma? Rosado? Curtis Stevens? That made Golovkin the best?
                -Sillah? Cleverly? Campillo? Agnew? Some cleverly picked undefeated or one loss fighters makes Kovalev the best?

I swear people ride the latest KO by an overseas fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                  How did Kovalev and Golovkin all of a sudden become THE BEST in their divisions without actually beating the best or lineal champ of their divisions?

-Ishida? Macklin? Ouma? Rosado? Curtis Stevens? That made Golovkin the best?
                  -Sillah? Cleverly? Campillo? Agnew? Some cleverly picked undefeated or one loss fighters makes Kovalev the best?

I swear people ride the latest KO by an overseas fighter.
                  Nobody said theyre the best, but nobody else can claim to be the best either without fighting them.

And to be honest Stevenson's lineal title means **** all, he knocked out chad dawson after the guy already lost. Dawson was a dead man walking.

Comment

Well yeah, Stevenson has the belt that matters. No one cares about the WBO

Comment

So how long until Kovalev signs with Al Haymon?

Comment

Working...
                      X