No announcement yet.

Focus Mitt Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus Mitt Training

so i train for boxing as a HOBBY, not competitively, with some buddies and I was wondering with what kind of intensity should we be hitting the focus mitts? are we throwing 100%? merely make contact? or somewhere in between?

Learn the technique first

Do some some slow drills so that you can get the technique first and do two or three drills where you hit it hard

**** hitting it hard if you dont have technique

learn the fundamentals first because mistakes stay with you

Comment

Originally posted by Wangler Jr View Post
      Learn the technique first

Do some some slow drills so that you can get the technique first and do two or three drills where you hit it hard

**** hitting it hard if you dont have technique

learn the fundamentals first because mistakes stay with you
      oh yeah, a buddy of mine has been training at a gym for a while and he's been showing us technique.

so round 1-2 should be technique then after focus on using the technique with speed and strength?
      thanks for your reply man

Comment

learn the proper technique ,dont just punch! concentrate on your SPEED.. the power is really on the balls of your back foot ,it will flow through the legs,hips and shoulders and the momentum will end when you finally hits the target !!

Comment

strong bump. lol

i feel like im squared up too much and sometimes off balance when i work the mitts. trainer says it looks ok. is it just in my head?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
            so i train for boxing as a HOBBY, not competitively, with some buddies and I was wondering with what kind of intensity should we be hitting the focus mitts? are we throwing 100%? merely make contact? or somewhere in between?
            I usually get the power for my punches from my testicles!!
            lol naw serious talk learn the technique first, then work on speed,speed,speed and speed!! Alot of ppl focus on strength I don't, to me that quick speed sting hurts more, I hate and it also makes me sad when I c ppl who are truly great at boxing but always lose because they have no speed! They always get beat to the punch...Remember speed kills

Comment

Working...
            X