Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he should fight rigo

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Manny requested a high guarantee, which he didn't get, so the fight is unlikely.

Salido requested high [undisclosed] payday, got it, then decided not to take the fight.

Why are you lumping them together?
      Did you read the article? Salido's manager said they had good talks with Arum and thought they had come to an agreement. But then things didn't work out.

It doesn't sound to me like they got what they requested.

Comment

Manny requested a high guarantee, which he didn't get, so the fight is unlikely.

Salido requested high [undisclosed] payday, got it, then decided not to take the fight.

Why are you lumping them together?
        Why do you guys keep saying this? The article states that Arum gave Salido what he wanted.
        It doesn't matter what the "crazy money" was. It could be 5M or it could be 300K.

What Salido requested is what he got, then he decided not to take the fight. Arum is quoted saying exactly that.
        I do, why don't you? Even Gibbons didn't contradict what Arum said. Nothing that came out of Salido's camp mentioned financial demands not being met.
        Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Did you read the article? Salido's manager said they had good talks with Arum and thought they had come to an agreement. But then things didn't work out.

According to that guy jozef, Arum isn't lying today.

Arum only lies when it's convenient to some.

Comment

I have no problem with the Vargas rematch and Salido is playing it smart. If he loses, which he will, he can still play the Loma card later in the year.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not.

because whatever his demands were, we met those financial demands and then he let us know he’s not interested in the fight.
            And here's the reason Gibbons says it didn't 'work out':
            “Things didn’t work out,” Gibbons said. “Orlando voiced to me, ‘Hey, why do I want to fight a guy in Lomachenko who I know is going to run, grab and hold

There's NOTHING coming out of either party that implies that they didn't satisfy Salido's demands. When they lowballed Salido before, Gibbons said that they're offering chump change. This time, nothing was said about being lowballed.

You guys are reading into what you want to see because you dislike Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
              Doubt he gets anything meaningful in March. I think he'll only fight three times this year too the way things are looking. What you think about a move up to 135? just the way his career been going a tune up or two at 135 and hopefully can get a shot at one of the champs at the end of the year. It set up nice for a mikey fight later next year too.
              126 and 130 have a lot of talent. I want to see Loma fight these guys. Why just leave questions like that?
              If 126 and 130 were crappy divisions then I would say Loma should move up, but there is too much talent to not fight these guys. Or at least attempt to.
              The Mikey Garcia fight can wait. I didn't expect them to fight this year anyway. They're going to try and build that fight up for a bit.
              I don't know if Top Rank wants Loma to fight at 126 again, because Oscar Valdez is there, but Loma's team said they would think about it if there's a good match up there.
              I want Loma to stay at 130. These guys can't hide forever. It's not like HBO has a lot of money and TV time to give all of these guys a spot unless they fight Loma. So most of them will have to fight Loma to get a good pay day or they can just keep fighting for less money elsewhere.

I want Loma to stay at 130 with the possibility of fighting at 126 for a good match up. 135 is for a later time.
              I think fighting four times is possible, but we will see.
              Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 01-04-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

There's NOTHING coming out of either party that implies that they didn't satisfy Salido's demands. When they lowballed Salido before, Gibbons said that they're offering chump change. This time, nothing was said about being lowballed.

So you believe that a warrior like Salido really chickened out?

And what exactly is "crazy" money to Bob Arum? An exact amount wasn't specified.

Comment

So you believe that a warrior like Salido really chickened out?

And what exactly is "crazy" money to Bob Arum? An exact amount wasn't specified.
                  I've said this before, it doesn't matter what 'crazy money' is. The point was that both camps agree that Salido's financial demands were met. Whether it's 500K or 50M is irrelevant. He asked and he received.

I do believe that Salido doesn't think he can win. He's gonna take a few fights with lesser fighters, go into a few 'wars', then retire with a win over Lomachenko under his belt. To me, that's a b1tch move. Same way if Ward retires without giving Kovalev a rematch I will forever label him a lil b1tch. Same goes for any fighter. Floyd left no doubt with Castillo 2 and Maidana 2. I expect the same of any fighter who gets a hotly disputed win.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    Lomachenko was green after his second pro fight but is a seasoned veteran after eight fights? That sounds like the same lame logic fans of Canelo Alvarez used to explain his loss to Mayweather.
                    You would have to be just a dam straight up hater to not acknowledge the growth from where loma was in his first fight to where he is now after only 8 fckn fights. Loma obviously is Canelo and quite the contrary, I've seen a slicker more defensively Improve Canelo since his loss. I'm sure you'll disagree. But loma is a whole different beast.

Comment

Good ****!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X