Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is The Best Ring Announcer Michael Buffer vs Jimmy Lennon Jr??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both very good. I agree with poster who said lennon sounds like a radio guy from the 30s. good description but buffer has the look & charm of a james bond character & he has a great voice for announcing. it's close but I give buffer the egde. I like a few other guys too. the dude with the dreadlocks doesn't have the look of a host.

Comment

For my taste Buffer is the worst! He makes the announcements sound ridiculous almost carnival like!
      Jimmy Lennon Sr. was very good as Jimmy Jr. is but the best was Johhny Addie!!
      Addie called the corner color then trunks, emphasized the home town of the fighter then gave weight and record then a comment. He would almost always repeat the fighters last name twice! When Addie announced the "principles" the hall/stadium got quiet as a mouse and the tension grew.
      Where as Buffer sounds like a carnival barker and tries to hard to hype the bout.
      I do like his willingness to learn languages and show respect for different countries that is very classey to me.
      I like Addie the best, he was serious as could be because things were about to get serious!!!!
      Ray.

Comment

Lennon. It annoys the hell out of me when buffer rolls his r's in Spanish when it's not required.

Comment

I prefer Lennon jr's voice and he sounds better at Spanish, but love lets get ready to rumbles. So for that reason it's even and I won't vote on this one.

Comment

Buffer will always be the GOAT , because mainstream media has put his catch phrase out there and newer generation see him in big fights , but Addie is ur favorite announcer's FAVORITE announcer.he gave the breakdown all the way thru.he is on the Mount Rushmore of announcers for sure .

Comment

Buffer. A super fight is not complete without Buffer Yelling " Lets get ready to Rumbleeeee " in the beginning. That always fires me up.

Comment

The white rastaman is cool. I like Michael buffer the most but he been looking orange lately lol

Comment

Michael Buffer wins because when he speaks Spanish, it sounds natural.

Comment

lennon knows more ba boxing ...nothing gets u goin like "lets get readyyyy2 rumbleeeeee"

Comment

quieeen eesss el mas macho ? no one ?

Comment

Working...
                      X