Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHOA, There's a technology now where well know how hard a boxer punches in the fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that is ****en sick. lets get it done. they should have put that for the ortiz vs peterson fight instead.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Im dubious. Those psi machines arent totally acurate, i doubt these are either. We know who the punchers are and we know its about timeing and placement as much as anything. When i say we i mean the posters on here who arent complete fanboy idiots btw!

I think its just gonna be another way for clowns to argue and ****

Have to admit tho i am intrested.
      thats true too because im sure margirito is loading up on punches PSI would be high but quick goo timed shots might be less but seem to do more damage on the brain which causes a ko or equilibrim to shut down

Comment

i wish it was around before margarito got caught so we can see the difference in power from the cotto fight and the shane fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
          those pads are very flat an small looks like tape. if you ever watch deadliest warriors or any of those fight sports shows. the pad they use to test pounds per square inch are flat and small. so they could be added easy to the inside of the leather above the padding if made correctly.
          yeah that would be nice as well as something to measure speed of punches. With the way technology keeps improving, I sure they could have several mini sensors on that thin pad....all while making them small/light enough to where a fighter wouldn't notice a thing.

I mean if we got a gauge at how hard a punch was thrown as well as speed (for measuring combinations as well as single shot) that would make watching fights more intriguing especially if they displayed it instaneanously like they due with punch stats sometimes.

Comment

As long as it's well tested, reasonable accurate and not used as complete gospel but a guide, then it's all good. Things like this are attributes, it's just when taken to seriously it goes wrong. I'd like pct stats to improve in accuracy, technology has to be there to be more accurate and this could tie in.

Comment

LOL @ Malignaggi using those gloves.

Comment

You know whats gunna come next.... Pac hit mosley with a 965 punch and sergio was doing the chicken dance on a 735 punch pac will ko him!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Im dubious. Those psi machines arent totally acurate, i doubt these are either. We know who the punchers are and we know its about timeing and placement as much as anything. When i say we i mean the posters on here who arent complete fanboy idiots btw!

I think its just gonna be another way for clowns to argue and ****

Have to admit tho i am intrested.
                  I agree but at the same time it would be nice to measure those guys with modest KO percentages and find how hard they hit. Kotelnik for example I think that he can punch a bit he was certainly clocking Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    LOL @ Malignaggi using those gloves.
                    and Calderun.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
                      Because Khan and Maidana refused to wear PunchForce sensors inside the cuffs of their gloves, HBO will not debut the technology tonight as planned. PunchForce shows how hard a fighter is punching during each round... http://www.lvrj.com/sports/khan-maxi...4.html?ref=444
                      this is a good develop if instituted. why? cause casual fans don't know how to judge a fight.

casual fans come from other sports like basketball and football and those sports are all about stats and number crunching.

the more stats and numbers for them to crunch there are, the more they will be interested. let's face facts, casual fans love for there to be an "objective" measurement of this or that. They don't like the subjective elements of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X