No announcement yet.

Will trump make america great again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Teachers unions with lame teachers are like the Catholic Church with their child molester priests

I dunno how it is now but back when I was young I spent half my schooling in private schools.

The difference between non union private school teachers and union public school teachers was not even funny.
    they know its better but the libs want to keep all that goddamn pork i hope trump and pence put an end to it

Comment

It depends if he ever even gets a chance. The media and leftists have been trying non-stop to do everything in their power to get him out of the office and undermine the election results. Things have not gotten this out of hand in a long time. Trump needs to find a way to shut down Soros's terrorist organizations throughout the US and you would see most of this **** disappear

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        America spends less on education than pretty much every 1st world country. Those are the countries ahead you.
        This is not accurate.

Comment

America spends less on education than pretty much every 1st world country. Those are the countries ahead you.
          No.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...heir-students/

Doesn't look as if the us has anything to be ashamed of.

Comment

The 1st thing Trump did after being inaugurated was to get rid of the premium Obama initiated for homeowners whose mortgages are less than $200k. Most of Trump's base appears to be blue collar white Americans in the South and Midwest whose mortgages fall into this category.

Now, this may only mean about $29-100 a month for the homeowner, but for the banks who have millions of mortgages this is a significant amount.

Anyone affected by this mind telling me how they felt after seeing this?
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-23-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              The country doesn't select the individual students who are tested; instead, they provide a list of selective schools both private and public to the PISA test takers. Once PISA verifies and approves the list, they then provide the country with a sampling of schools they chose from the list to be tested.

Knowing the schools that will be tested, many countries begin the process of student transferring. Shanghai is notorious for this. They remove kids from the school who would hinder the test results and accept students who meet a given requirement. The US doesn't do this. We don't transfer kids out of schools because of academic achievement. Hell in some cases we have a hard time transferring them out due to discipline! Therefore yes, we test everyone, while other countries can be more selective with who they test.

As for your assertion that Korean kids are better again your assertiont is flawed. I taught in Seoul's public schools and private academies known as hagwons. I've met those kids, they're not any more intelligent.They're harder workers yes, but not any more intelligent.
              So again, you are working under the assumption the US does not cheat, that's incredibly naive. But whatever.

I'm just gonna disprove you for a 3rd time now...no hagwons are not private schools and/or academies, they are after school tuition centers, like the ones we have in the UK and in the US too from what I know. They just aren't compulsory as many parents would view them in asia. And what exact is your definition of a child being more intelligent? btw i never said students in the west werent more intelligent.

A Welsh education delegation was sent to Seoul just last year, their findings are what I've told you, students in S. Korea and elsewhere in Asia study more hours and thus, retain more of the information. Does that make them more intelligent? I don't know but it certainly makes them better at exams.

Students in Seoul were given a maths GCSE (exam in the UK at the end of high school), these students, without any prior study of the exam completed it in 15 minutes. Make of that what you will. The UK ranks higher than the US, so imagine what they'd do to an equivalent American exam. Again, that doesnt mean they are naturally/genetically more intelligent but they are superior students because of the system in place.

Plus, I fail to believe your claim of having taught in Asia is genuine because I know many people who have taught maths, science and languages across Asia, in S. Korea and Japan to be exact, and whatever their opinions may be on intelligence and methods/life style of students there, they always say one thing ; these kids are learning at a far higher level than in europe.

It's just a plain fact, leave your insecurities at the door and learn from what they do better, just as they are sending delegations to the UK and Germany to learn what we are doing better.

Comment

Do you ever get tired of being consistently wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  Teachers unions with lame teachers are like the Catholic Church with their child molester priests

I dunno how it is now but back when I was young I spent half my schooling in private schools.

The difference between non union private school teachers and union public school teachers was not even funny.
                  Public school teachers in the US receive more training, require more certification and face scrutiny than private school teachers.

The reason you felt private school was better was due to the students not the teachers. You have to remember private schools have choice over who they accept, and more importantly who they can remove from their schools. You remove misbehavior and the dynamics of the class change drastically. In public schools teachers can't just remove students. They're stuck with everyone. Kids who are in Gangs, trouble makers, low performers, ESL, Sp.Ed, etc. As a result a classroom wouldn't flow ad smoothly in public as it would in private.

As for unions, I agree it is wrong when they defend a horrible teacher who has no business teaching. However you have to remember that those teachers represent a very small % of the overall union members. For every lazy teacher the union is defending, there are hundreds of others being defended for legit reasons. You constantly hear on the news about the teacher who molested children, and that's horrible, but you never hear the reports about teachers who are falsely accused. Teachers who are harassed by helicopter parents, harassed by students who understand teachers can't put their hands on them. Teachers need those unions to help protect them from that.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    So again, you are working under the assumption the US does not cheat, that's incredibly naive. But whatever.

I'm just gonna disprove you for a 3rd time now...no hagwons are not private schools and/or academies, they are after school tuition centers, like the ones we have in the UK and in the US too from what I know. They just aren't compulsory as many parents would view them in asia. And what exact is your definition of a child being more intelligent? btw i never said students in the west werent more intelligent.

A Welsh education delegation was sent to Seoul just last year, their findings are what I've told you, students in S. Korea and elsewhere in Asia study more hours and thus, retain more of the information. Does that make them more intelligent? I don't know but it certainly makes them better at exams.

Students in Seoul were given a maths GCSE (exam in the UK at the end of high school), these students, without any prior study of the exam completed it in 15 minutes. Make of that what you will. The UK ranks higher than the US, so imagine what they'd do to an equivalent American exam. Again, that doesnt mean they are naturally/genetically more intelligent but they are superior students because of the system in place.

Plus, I fail to believe your claim of having taught in Asia is genuine because I know many people who have taught maths, science and languages across Asia, in S. Korea and Japan to be exact, and whatever their opinions may be on intelligence and methods/life style of students there, they always say one thing ; these kids are learning at a far higher level than in europe.

It's just a plain fact, leave your insecurities at the door and learn from what they do better, just as they are sending delegations to the UK and Germany to learn what we are doing better.

Taught in public schools in south Korea back in mid 2000's under the EPIK program. From there I was recruited by Chungdahm CDI to work at a hagwon. And yes it is an after school program, but it was more than a simple tutoring school it was a full Academy with summer sessions also available. CDI would work with the local public schools to establish a curriculum. Also taught at the Singapore ISS international school and in Japan under their JET program.

There really is no reason for me to lie about it. I am telling you facts from what I experienced and know happens. You on the other hand are getting information from friends and Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Taught in public schools in south Korea back in mid 2000's under the EPIK program. From there I was recruited by Chungdahm CDI to work at a hagwon. And yes it is an after school program, but it was more than a simple tutoring school it was a full Academy with summer sessions also available. CDI would work with the local public schools to establish a curriculum. Also taught at the Singapore ISS international school and in Japan under their JET program.

There really is no reason for me to lie about it. I am telling you facts from what I experienced and know happens. You on the other hand are getting information from friends and Internet.
                      But you were wrong, hagwons are not academies or private schools. You teaching their should know that already. Why did you say they were private schools?

Comment

Working...
                      X