Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I've Studied Golovkin, I Know His Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think GGG would wreck Lara. But I also think GGG's team is scared ****less of the match-up because of the potential to look bad, even in victory is a good possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
      I think the reason why PBC fighters call out HBO fighters is because that's where the bigger names are also the bigger money. Even though the majority of PBC main attractions get paid a little over a million they will never make that money that GGG, Canelo, Cotto, GGG, and Pac make. Those guys probably double if not triple the amount they make per fight.
      I agree. I think PBC fighters make more money for their showcase/mismatch fights but are not seeing the really big money fights that HBO fighters get. Or the attention those fighters get. Just look at the PBC ratings and look at what fighters like broner who went back to showtime and saw lower ratings then his previous showtime fights. So clearly fighting on PBC in not increasing their fanbase, or status in boxing. But to me it seems odd that they say they are happy with haymon but are calling out fighters they can't fight because of their alliance with haymon. Case in point khan and lara.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I think GGG would wreck Lara. But I also think GGG's team is scared ****less of the match-up because of the potential to look bad, even in victory is a good possibility.
        This is exactly what I think.

They pick people like Murray and Lemiuex who they know are guaranteed to make them look good.

Comment

Lara manager decubas said Lara can fight HBO fighters and said there's no problem we just want big fights ...

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Me thinks Lara isn't all that happy with the Haymon alliance, out of the boxers on that list in terms of skills he's probably had the least success of all.
            Other then khan I think lara is the most unhappy fighter in his stable facing these type fighters haymon is picking out for him. I think haymon knows lara win or lose makes ugly fights and doesn't want his fighters he has more invested in being in a ugly fight or losing. So he can't fight haymons A list fighters and because he's with haymon other big fights are closed because of politics. But the most realistic fights that are all in house for lara don't seem possible and are never mentioned from him or the other haymon fighters in his weight. That just seems strange to me.

Comment

It's a chance to show that Golovkin really warrants the hype, to do to Lara what Canelo couldn't, I don't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                those are not MWs,

a string of mediocre JMWS are worse than a string of mediocre MWS

you guys really don't get it, which is fine. i can show a horse the water. i can't make him drink it.
                It is YOU that does not get it. Your logic is severely lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  so far there is no precedent for an al haymon managed fighter being allowed on HBO, so what's the point in even discussing this. furthermore, lara lost his last big fight and stunk out the joint and has done nothing since then. i'm not saying i'd be opposed to him fighting golovkin, but there's no reason that he should feel entitled to another pay day at this juncture in his career. i want to see him face one of the charlos or j-rock
                  The point is that the GGG hate squad can claim non-stop that its a duck. "Look, Lara said GGG's name. GGG ducking doe!!! lalalajjjajajaaa"

Thats their mentality. And if by some miracle the clouds parted, Al and HBO made up, and the fight happened, when GGG puts Lara's lights out in 5, all you'd here is "he's picking on 154 doe"

Angulo put Lara on the floor twice. Is there anyone that doesnt believe that anything Angulo does, GGG does 10 times better?

FYI, I'm fine with the fight if it happened. I'd watch it. But other than temporarily quieting the "b-b-but but but Lara doe" parrots, and seeing what interesting post-fight excuse Lara might provide, its absolutely pointless.
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 11-27-2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ricodonjefe View Post
                    Lara manager decubas said Lara can fight HBO fighters and said there's no problem we just want big fights ...
                    We have heard this from numerous haymon fighters and their circle. But the fights never happen because until haymon says so means nothing what a fighter, his trainer, or manager says matters. Haymon is calling the shots and and so far he has refused to green light it for any of his fighters. Until then it's nothing but empty talk.

Comment

it can happen, the $$ gotta be right for both sides, edwin rodriguez got HBO air time during the cold war as a haymon fighter twice so its very possible

Comment

Working...
                      X