No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry the toughest road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Quarry the toughest road

I for my money can not think of any other Heavyweight fighter who faced a higher level of Competition than ole Irish Jerry Quarry what do you think Alix2 Fraiserx2 shavers Lyle eddie machen patterson x2 Ken Norton Chuvalo Jimmy Ellis Mac foster buster mathis
    I do realize all these guys are CW's and club fighters by modern standards but if he himself was a CW Club fighter I suppose it must have been a test

And for the most part he got beat by them all. And Ali, Frazier,Ken Norton, Lyle and Chuvalo are all 210 plus pound fighters so how are they cruiserweights? In fact only Jimmy Ellis was naturally lighter than 200 pounds so they were all heavyweights and most of them beat Quarry so why give him a cookie? He did nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by spam View Post
      And for the most part he got beat by them all. And Ali, Frazier,Ken Norton, Lyle and Chuvalo are all 210 plus pound fighters so how are they cruiserweights? In fact only Jimmy Ellis was naturally lighter than 200 pounds so they were all heavyweights and most of them beat Quarry so why give him a cookie? He did nothing special.
      You're an idiot. Quarry fought the best and was a quality contender. You can't tell me he didnt have his moments in any of those fights. Quarry Frazier I was an amazing fight.

Comment

Quarry beat the crap out of two undefeated favorites (Ron Lyle and Mac Foster) in Madison Square Garden. If you had any depth in boxing history you'd understand how significant that was.

Comment

Again another thread made by white guys, Quarry beat the crap out of Ron Lyle? When did this happen? He went the distance with a green Ron Lyle. When did Mac Foster become world class?

Mannie you are a ****ing moron. He still lost to Norton, Frazier 2 times and Ali 2 times. Chuvalo beat him. He lost to virtually all of the big boys of the era. He stopped glass chin Shavers then you realize Shavers was knocked out by Ron Stander so Quarry knocking him out proved ****.

Quarry is another one of those white fighters built up by racially biased white boxing fans. He was a decent fighter overall and no tougher than tons of white and black fighters of the era.

Comment

Again another thread made by white guys, Quarry beat the crap out of Ron Lyle? When did this happen? He went the distance with a green Ron Lyle. When did Mac Foster become world class?

Mannie you are a ****ing moron. He still lost to Norton, Frazier 2 times and Ali 2 times. Chuvalo beat him. He lost to virtually all of the big boys of the era. He stopped glass chin Shavers then you realize Shavers was knocked out by Ron Stander so Quarry knocking him out proved ****.

Quarry is another one of those white fighters built up by racially biased white boxing fans. He was a decent fighter overall and no tougher than tons of white and black fighters of the era.
            You seem to have a problem with white people. I guess that makes you a racist.

If you saw the Quarry-Lyle fight then you would understand how lopsided that fight was. And poor green Ron Lyle was only 32. You just use boxrec to make your biased points and never really watch any great fights from the past.

Comment

so he won what 4 and drew 1 out of the list and lost to a string of atg HW's as a cruiser himself not bad I'd say fighting many guys 30-40lbs heavier and if he was such a chump then to say Liston Ali and fraiser could not beat a Modern Heavy weight when they were ATG's weighing 10 20 &30lbs lighter than them because they were to small to fight a modern fighter no matter what level the modern fighters all based on size what a chump you are yourself
              seems to me your the nuthugger here well I had an agenda here but I am to tired and sore to follow it up my self so look at it and come to your own conclusion
              goes a little something like this Quarry a chump beats many fighters 30-40lbs heavier Ali Liston and Fraiser ATG HW's outweighed by 10-20lbs could not beat cris Byrd, David haye, Tyson Fury, Wlad Corry or Vitali because they were just plain to small well you said it somewhere or at least one of you modern nuthuggers did I get you all confused

Comment

Yeah easy to get them confused, except when they put you on ignore, which is the online equivalent of covering your ears and saying "La la la I'm not listening, so I get the last word because I'm too immature to admit when I'm wrong"

Comment

Who said I was White anyway Not I that is for sure I just appreciate good boxing and Quarry was a good boxer who was willing to fight anyone and even take them on twice but was out classed by ATG fighters

Comment

Ignore me like you Ignore any Tenable palliation of your ignorance it's what I often call listening with your mouth

Comment

Working...
                    X