Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of tipper are you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even if i get crappy service i never send my meal back or complain. i know my server knows when they are doing a poor job & sometimes that person is just having a bad night. even if they bring me something i didn't order i will eat it. i'll give them a better then normal tip & mention to them next time i'd love to have what i ordered. the look on their faces when they see that i ate it & tipped them well they don't forget. next time i come in they are at my table like flies to s**t...i only sit where women serve me. i don't want a male server. all the places i go to have hot servers as well...i don't care if im at a bar & Its a guy serving me but when im sitting down in a restaurant i want a hottie...
    Last edited by joe strong; 04-27-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      i am a good tipper. everywhere i go i don't have to ask for a drink because it is already in front of me. when i travel i make sure everybody i got use for is well looked after especially in cuba. i never wait for anything. it use to piss people off when i'd stay in an all-inclusive resort & there would be lineups to get drinks & i would go down to the end of the bar & the bartenders would drop everything to bring me my drinks...lol! i know how to play the game & who to butter up...all these people on BS call themselves "PLAYAS" lol! i know how to play the game & i don't even have to break the bank. you just need to know who to please.
      That's the way to do it. At our bar, it's always wall to wall packed and there's only a few girls working. If I know you're a good tipper I might get you a drink, if not I'm telling you that you'll have to wait for one of the girls to hook you up. Tipping well will make you and the group you bring much happier and it won't cost much more out of your pocket.

Comment

Different system in the UK. Waiters get paid a salary so 10-15% is considered normal

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
          Different system in the UK. Waiters get paid a salary so 10-15% is considered normal
          i noticed that in amsterdam too. i would be in a bar & would order a couple drinks & leave a euro tip every time. i gave a girl 3 euro tip for like 6 drinks & she was like" what are you doing?" i didn't know what she was talking about & she says" you don't have to tip me every couple of drinks youy buy" i'm thinking i want to kiss you...in canada you buy a beer at a bar($6-7)& if you pay with a $10 they think they should get the $3 change...viva cuba for $6 bottles of vodka!!!!

Comment

Minimum 20%...i get the hookup at most bars around here usually so I never get charged for drinks hardly and I give the bartenders huge tips. At bars I tip like 400% because i will be there pounding pints for hours and get like a $6 tab.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              It's completely different here, especially in bars. Here your bartender is making very small pay(usually around 3 dollars an hour) and then she gets your tips. She then has to cut her tips(15% usually to the barback), the barback usually makes between(5-7$ an hour). It's a trickle down effect. Without tips here, you wouldn't have people grabbing your beers when you're **** faced.

Comment

Im the type of tipper who doesn't tip

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  It's completely different here, especially in bars. Here your bartender is making very small pay(usually around 3 dollars an hour) and then she gets your tips. She then has to cut her tips(15% usually to the barback), the barback usually makes between(5-7$ an hour). It's a trickle down effect. Without tips here, you wouldn't have people grabbing your beers when you're **** faced.
                  $3\hour? minmum wage in canada is like $9.70 or something like that. i make that in 3 minutes of work on straight time days. i'd say they need tips...

Comment

$3\hour? minmum wage in canada is like $9.70 or something like that. i make that in 3 minutes of work on straight time days. i'd say they need tips...
                    What do you do for work?

Comment

Minimum wage doesn't matter to bars. In America the government sets different guidelines when it comes to the service industry, so they factor in tips. They certainly need tips or else no one would be in this industry. Don't feel bad though they make good money. I've been barbacking for a while now and even I make for about 8 hours around 175 a night. Our girls make around 600 bucks for just about 20 hours on the weekends.

Comment

Working...
                      X