No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Not Considering Retirement; Responds to Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary_Sparrow View Post
    if garcia gave him a rematch khan would absolutely destroy him. khan khan't get himself hyped up to fight bums and wasn't concentrating
    Rodney, was coming off a loss not enough motivation?
    You can't fix a glass neck or glass chin I'm afraid. And to paraphrase Ray Hatton, if you had a dog as dumb as Amir Khan you wouldn't feed it. Khan has himself to blame and no one else for his recklessness

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Khan would 'absolutely destroy him'? Hmmm, no.

If Khan boxed-smart, he'd cruise to a wide UD; he wouldn't 'destroy' Garcia.
      True. But here is always a 50/50 chance of the KO going either way.

Just after the early first 2 rounds Garcia's face was starting to cut and swell. i could only imagine what it would have looked like had the fight gone the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Sparrow View Post
        if garcia gave him a rematch khan would absolutely destroy him. khan khan't get himself hyped up to fight bums and wasn't concentrating
        If Khan was not focus/hyped for this fight then his issues are deeper then I thought...The Ring belt a chance at Mayweathe and his rep were all on the line...Your excuse for Khan is a rotten one...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Khan would 'absolutely destroy him'? Hmmm, no.

If Khan boxed-smart, he'd cruise to a wide UD; he wouldn't 'destroy' Garcia.
          he'd stop him in a rematch. he was killing garcia in the first 2 rounds. garcia is very average and got very lucky. i doubt he will give him a rematch as he knows he would get killed

Comment

168 is a tougher division than 140.

Comment

Khan's official statement:

I would like to thank all my fans and well wishers for the amazing support I've had from you since my defeat on Saturday night. Obviously the fight never went as planned but credit has to go to Danny Garcia who caught me with a good shot in the third round that I couldn't fully recover from.

I guess that's boxing, where one punch can change everything, it's the reason so many fans love the sport. Many fighters down the years have bounced back from defeat to prove their greatness and that's exactly what I intend to do.

I've never shirked any challenge or refused to fight anyone in my division even though it would have been easy for me to do so. Some may say that attitude is the wrong one to have but I've always wanted to please the fans and be involved in exciting fights because many of you pay good money to come and watch me, and it's only right that you get to see the best fighting the best, especially in an age when so many top fighters hand-pick opponents.

I'm going to spend the next few weeks relaxing during Ramadan and recharging my batteries after what was a 16 week training camp for me. I'll then sit down with my team to assess the options in front of me.

Well done to Danny Garcia on his performance, but I promise that I'll bounce back stronger than ever as I look to regain my spot at the top of the 140lb division.

Amir Khan

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                ''I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition'' = This ridiculous **** right here is why I hate A mere con, what a delusional, glass jawed ar5ewipe this ***** is.

Err what an annoying little runt.
                why dont you take off your mask and tell us why you really hate khan.

Comment

Khan's in a better division and fights tougher opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Khan's in a better division and fights tougher opposition?

Who did Froch fight by the age of 25?

Comment

Originally posted by Adzz View Post
                      Imo boxing has become alot more of an entertainment sport which resolves around drama. Its just that Khan can provide for that entertainment. Something which Froch lacks. Which is why khan is being better promoted. Carl Froch has been in the game since the early Yrs of 2000 and in all honesty i have only discovered who he is due the negative comments of his towards many boxers who have no relevance to his division or his upcomming fights.

Even now after khans loss, his promoters are keen to have him back in the ring which again resolves around his stake of entertainment for the sport.
                      Not really true, Froch fights are almost always entertaining.

Froch brought this on himself though, he didn't need to say what he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X