Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me why Coldplay gets so much hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also like to clarify that they are far from one of my favorite bands. I've been mostly indifferent to them, though they have a few songs that I reallylike.

The reason I made this thread is because of the irrational hate I see thrown at them on Last Fm & the internet in general although yes they are highly overrated by casual fans, but hey they're called casual fans for a reason, right?

I can understand not liking them, but people seem extremelyhate them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Because the lead singer is dumb enough to name his daughter "Apple."

And Coldplay is like Radiohead without creativity and original musical concepts.

A Rush of Blood to the Head was a pretty good album. Everything else they did was either too bland or just flat out sucked.
      Didn't know that

Interesting, I would call VLV their most un-bland album they've made. Easily the most diverse sounding album in their catalogue & the only one I can listen to without skipping tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
        They are a generic band and they get too much appreciation. Look, I'm gonna keep it real and say that England has produced a big portion of the great rock & roll groups that have ever existed. However, Coldplay is a British product in the wrong direction. What can I say? But, to be fair, I hate most music in popular culture. I have been getting into Classical & Jazz a lot more now. The masters come from hundreds of years ago and they come from Europe.
        I can agree with that. Compared to all the great bands that nation has produced, they're obviously at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
          Didn't know that

Interesting, I would call VLV their most un-bland album they've made. Easily the most diverse sounding album in their catalogue & the only one I can listen to without skipping tracks.
          Heard a little of VLV and didn't really like it. If Coldplay had more songs like Politik from Rush of Blood, I'd definitely be a fan. But that's just my personal taste.

I don't hate them, I just don't care much for them. They really are very overrated and over-credited though.

Comment

Is this the group that sing the song paradise? I heard the song being played almost everywhere in France.

And dreams of
            Para-para-paradise
            Para-para-paradise
            Para-para-paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              Is this the group that sing the song paradise? I heard the song being played almost everywhere in France.

And dreams of
              Para-para-paradise
              Para-para-paradise
              Para-para-paradise
              Yessir, that's them.

Definitely one the more annoying songs on that album.

Comment

Their songs from their first 3 albums were pretty good. i stopped getting into them after that but i like some of the songs on the viva la vida album.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                  Yessir, that's them.

Definitely one the more annoying songs on that album.
                  Annoying to some but beautiful to others. As Albert Einstein would say "relativity".

Comment

Coldplay gets no hate from me.

Green Day on the other hand....

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                      Coldplay gets no hate from me.

Green Day on the other hand....
                      I have a soft spot for "Time of Your Life" but I can't say I'm a fan of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X