No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Eye James Kirkland Clash For December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    I agree with you. While you certainly "lean toward" canelo, fact is, he can be hit, and kirkland's not a dude you want hitting you all night. Regardless, only a fool thinks this is an easy fight for either fighter, and I applaud canelo once again for taking it, if it gets made.
    THIS RIGHT HERE!!! People under estimate kirkland cuz that jap dude ko'd him. Kirkland is the style of fighter that grows stronger while the fight continues, hence ann wolfe having him robed up and toweled(spellcheck lol) up to stay warm before the bell sounds.

Comment

This fight will be above 154, too. Kirkland is a big guy aswell and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't make 154 healthily either. His inactivity is a good excuse for a 155-156 weight.

Comment

A li'l late, and Kirkland's done fuck-all since beating Angulo, but who cares. This is a true action fight all the way. :box2:

Alvarez either stops him very early, or beats him down mercilessly into the late rounds.
        Last edited by PittyPat; 08-07-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Kirkland about to leave in a body bag

Comment

Absolute war

Comment

War Canelito!!

Comment

Canelo should be the odds on favorite and rightfully so. However, I will just say this. His window of opportunity is very limited. If he fails to stop James within the first four rounds, then he is going to run the risk of potentially finding himself in a lot of trouble.

While it's true that Kirkland doesn't have the best defense or balance in the sport, however he more than makes up for it with a tremendous work rate and stamina; Something that Canelo lacks. Those are his greatest attributes to be exact. He's like the energizer bunny that never stops punching.

Therefore for Team Alvarez' sake, I hope they aware of what they're asking for because it could very well be their undoing and not to mention a very long night for Saul Alavarez; Especially if Kirkland doesn't succumb to his punching power early as was the case in his bout with Alfredo Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Will this be at Canelos special weight or 154? We shall see.
                  Nah its gonna be a catchweight vs an unknown like that dude in ur avi

Comment

people mustve forgot how kirkland dismantled angulo while canelito needed the ref's help to stop the fight.

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, has anyone confirmed this with Kirkland? Dude has had a lot of problems. I'd love to see this fight but I somehow think it might not happen. I don't think Kirkland is scared to fight but I think he will want too much money to risk it.

If it gets made, great fight Canelo wins by tko.

Comment

Working...
                      X